My next toy

monsterspeedfreak

Donating Member
Registered
My next project is well on it's way.
1982 Chev shortbox P/U.
Full tube chassis built by myself, strut front suspension, four link rear suspension with Aldon double adjustable coil overs.
Ford 9" rear with 35 spline pro race axles, Nodular third member and 12" discs, narrowed to 44".
Torq Thrust 15x14 rear wheels with 33x19.5x15 DOT street tires.
Torq Thrust 15x4 fronts with Mickey Thompson front runner tires.
Next will be the install of a 14 point cage, then final welding of all installed parts.
Full manual valve body TH400 tranny is built with 4500 stall converter.
Engine (not yet done) will be 540" Chevy big block running on Alcohol, and inhaling 250 hp worth of N2O for a total of near or over 1000 hp (will dyno upon completion).
This truck will be a street driver that still seats three and should run high 8 to low 9 second quarters if all goes as planned.
Time to finish will be approximately one year from now.
Man am I excited!!!!!!!!!!!

ps1.jpg

I'm saving up my own $$$ for a nice kitcar, was thinking about a Radical SR3 with bored out 1500cc busa engine. But 1000hp, damn, that's waaaaaaaay much cooler
wow.gif
... Would love to sit next to you when you go for that 9 second run ...

I'm saving up my own $$$ for a nice kitcar, was thinking about a Radical SR3 with bored out 1500cc busa engine. But 1000hp, damn, that's waaaaaaaay much cooler  
wow.gif
... Would love to sit next to you when you go for that 9 second run ...
Hey Stalker what's the power to weight ratio on something like that if the Bus motor was puttin down 220 hp?

hey monsta....I unfortunately just sold my last project, a '81 Chevy shortbox stepside . The ol' boys that own Western Speedway are gonna use it for a pit truck .
at least it went to a good home . have a good 1 . Rubber.

hey monsta....I unfortunately just sold my last project, a '81 Chevy shortbox stepside .  The ol' boys that own Western Speedway are gonna use it for a pit truck .
 at least it went to a good home .  have a good 1 . Rubber.
that will be a cool home indeed RSD.
Why'd ya sell it.
That's what my yellow one was four months ago, a stepside,
changed it cuz I'm a big fan of the fleetside.
Both are very cool though!!!

Back