My monster multicopter with brushless gimbal!

No doubt! Once I get this thing dialed it, I'll get a Gimbal and use it for video before I move to search and rescue ;)

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread yet (wasn't able to read some of the pages due to crappy internet connection here at work) but has anyone thought of adding small solar panels to be used as trickle chargers for extended flight time? Not even sure if it is feasible with current technology or worth it. Just a thought. Very interesting stuff!

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread yet (wasn't able to read some of the pages due to crappy internet connection here at work) but has anyone thought of adding small solar panels to be used as trickle chargers for extended flight time? Not even sure if it is feasible with current technology or worth it. Just a thought. Very interesting stuff!

Unfortunately, the amount of current/voltage necessary to even make a dent in replenishing or maintaining the charge on the batteries would require solar panels larger than the Octocopter. For example, I use two batteries that supply 22.2 volts at a total of 10A capacity. You may get 15min +- of flight time before the batteries need to be recharged. There's no way that solar panels small enough to fit on the Octo could possibly add any usible charge during that short flight time. I wish it were possible!

I upgraded from a 2 axis gimbal to 3 axis.

Here's the test flight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went the other way this time around. Less arms, smaller size.

ZMR 250 quad. Just built it. Will do some FPV flights in the morning =)

8lUG8yi.jpg

Back