My HID installation

Learjett

Donating Member
Registered
There are tons of info on this subject, and I want to extend many thanks to "thebbbusa" for his role in how to wire a delay timer to your low beam.  His article is pinned in this forum and I followed it to the tee, except I cut the old low beam connector off and put spade connectors there.  THANKS "thebbbusa", my HIDS and DEI 528T Pulse timer work perfectly.  I love it!

I've heard of people wondering exactly where to put the components and thought I'd share where I put mine.  I have also heard of some "alleged" problems of mounting the balasts on top of each other... although this is speculation if it does cause any problems.  However, I separated mine, putting my high beam on the left air duct, and the low beam on the right air duct.  I could not put the high beam balast on the top of the left air duct because of all the wires there.  I also put my DEI 528T Pulse timer on the right air duct.  Here's how it worked out for me.

I mounted the high beam on the side of the left air duct with double sided sticky tape and ty-warps.  I will NOT come off!  Note the positioning, the nose fits right back on without touching it.
HBmountedIMG_2700.jpg

Next, I mounted the low beam on top of the right air duct with the tape.  Note it's position, the black cover fits nicely over it when the fairings are back on.
LBmountedIMG_2702.jpg

This is the double sided sticky tape that I bought from Wal-Mart.  Less than 4 bucks and it really sticks!
TapeIMG_2696.jpg

Finally, here is where I "stuck" my $15 pulse timer.
DelayIMG_2706.jpg

I did not attempt to go through all the wiring and such because it's all covered in the forum here, especially the fine work "thebbbusa" did which is pinned above.  I have my time set for 20 seconds, which for me is enough time after I turn on the key to get myself together and the busa running... then lo and behold, the HID low beam comes on!  Hope this helps!  
cool.gif

I just installed my kit with delay timer w/thebbbusa instructions. My question is, which direction do you turn to increase/decrease delay? I havn't tried it yet thought I'd ask before trying it.

Take a small screw driver and turn it all the way to the left and it will stay on. Turn it even a little to the right to increase the time it takes to come on. On my installation, turn the little arrow to about the 9 oclock position and that gave me 20 seconds. 10 oclock would be more time etc. I'm going to reset mine to about a 15 second delay instead of 20.... I'll probably have to turn it to around the 8 or 8:30 position. Just put it somewhere and turn the ignition on and start your watch. It's easy.
cool.gif

Back