My Hayabusa and I @ play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not going to be a bringer of bad news here or lecture you on doing these things on public roads with cars around. You're and adult. You make adult choices. Pay adult penalties if it goes wrong. I have made these same choices. We all have. No matter what they say, we all let these birds fly on occasion.

I do want to offer this however.

A. I don't believe you were doing 190. Yes it was indicated but these speedos are notoriously off by a lot. Mine was off 10%. I have heard them off by 20% fairly often.

B. These bikes come speed limited to 187 pretty reliably. Unless you have defeated this (many do), your bike won't go any faster than 187 no matter what gear it does it in.

C. Dude I'm not trying to piss in your Cheerios here, but I have gone at these speeds and the cars whiz by a lot faster than they are doing in this vid. Remember you are going about 120-30 M.P.H. faster than they are.

Please don't take this as a flame response. The Busa hauls butt no doubt about it. And you were doing so in this vid. But that looked to be more like 160ish than 190ish. 20% error from indicated wouldn't be to hard to believe. That would also leave you with an extra gear no problem.

A lot of this is what these stories start to turn into bigger legends. It helps make the Busa a bigger legend than it really is.

There is another vid floating around (older one) that has a narrator showing a Yamaha R1 doing what was said to be 190. And the narrator says the Busa passes it. The Busa passes it by a good 15-25 M.P.H.. Then you listen again and he says 190 indicated, just to make it legallly stated.

I admire the vid, you were having fun, be careful out there.

The bike has a speedo healer, derestricted ECM and speedo says the same as my GPS within 1-2 mph ... I only posted this for amusement, not to get told the usual "it's not that fast really"... because really, it IS !!

The bike has a speedo healer, derestricted ECM and speedo says the same as my GPS within 1-2 mph ... I only posted this for amusement, not to get told the usual "it's not that fast really"... because really, it IS !!

Then it is serving it's purpose. It's amusing.

There are a TON of guys here that would love to know what mods you have. Have you made any gearing changes or are you stock there. You didn't make any mention of it.....yet.

Well brother, I just don't know what to say. Great vid :thumbsup:

Flame on guys ... it would seem that the one modification you all need is a pair of balls instead of the wrinkly peanuts you possess ... you're either scared of the bike or the man.

Either way I'll keep my vids to myself in future ...

190 around what seems to be a corner??? hmm looks more like someone used a speedohealer to crank up their speedo... sorry we have all topped our bikes out and things go past you on the sides alot faster than that lol

See and I even clearly stated I wasn't trying to start a flame thread. I certainly didn't assault his umm personal assets or lack therof. So we can only guess more as to how this was managed. I also have a de-restricted Gen 1 with some light mods. More than what you have described you have done to yours. I have seen it go to 190 twice in my life. It had more to go, I just didn't ask it to, but it was in 6th gear both times. There have been a few board members here that have ridden with me. I think my nads can speak for themselves.

In the vid, on the left side just in front (closer to driver) of his clutch reservoir is some black box with wires and switches (one red and one blue) and what appears to be a light or indicator of some sort. He makes no mention of what that is, in his mod list response. But in the vid it does not appear to change its state ie lights go on or off or switches get moved. So that will have to be a guess as to what it is and what it does.

We also see that he is doing an indicated 72-74 M.P.H. with an R.P.M. of what looks to be 5550 as he is making the decision on the unmarked police car. I'll let the gear gurus step in here but I'm pretty sure that is either 4th or 5th gear in standard gearing. Not sure on this one as I don't play around with gearing charts. Please correct me gurus.

Dude your nads are safe. You were hauling butt on your bike and filming it to boot. Good that you took the vid down as cops can convict on this alone. Talk about your nads shriveling up, go thru a felony arrest once and see how they feel afterwords.

Flame on guys ... it would seem that the one modification you all need is a pair of balls instead of the wrinkly peanuts you possess ... you're either scared of the bike or the man.

no no no dnt let other ppl or negitive ppl change the fact that u put up a great vid of u having fun on your baby. i would do the same i just dnt have a camera yet. just remember there are more ppl here who would love to see more vids, remember when u do something everybody is not going to agree with it but as long as your having fun enjoying your life. the hell with who ever dnt like it. you know they say when ppl talk about u, u must be doing something rite. so keep on riding it LIKE YOU STOLE IT:super:. they talked about JESUS...:;):

im2fast4uguys said:

Link to the pair of balls mod please?

See and I even clearly stated I wasn't trying to start a flame thread. I certainly didn't assault his umm personal assets or lack therof. So we can only guess more as to how this was managed. I also have a de-restricted Gen 1 with some light mods. More than what you have described you have done to yours. I have seen it go to 190 twice in my life. It had more to go, I just didn't ask it to, but it was in 6th gear both times. There have been a few board members here that have ridden with me. I think my nads can speak for themselves.

In the vid, on the left side just in front (closer to driver) of his clutch reservoir is some black box with wires and switches (one red and one blue) and what appears to be a light or indicator of some sort. He makes no mention of what that is, in his mod list response. But in the vid it does not appear to change its state ie lights go on or off or switches get moved. So that will have to be a guess as to what it is and what it does.

We also see that he is doing an indicated 72-74 M.P.H. with an R.P.M. of what looks to be 5550 as he is making the decision on the unmarked police car. I'll let the gear gurus step in here but I'm pretty sure that is either 4th or 5th gear in standard gearing. Not sure on this one as I don't play around with gearing charts. Please correct me gurus.

Dude your nads are safe. You were hauling butt on your bike and filming it to boot. Good that you took the vid down as cops can convict on this alone. Talk about your nads shriveling up, go thru a felony arrest once and see how they feel afterwords.

i will attest to this i got arrested last year for fleeing and eluding and it was the worst feeling in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back