muskoka rd 13

chinto

Registered
This weekend I had an opportunity to get out on the road with my wife for a bit of a ride in the muskoka's. Although she is a new rider she is doing great. We took a ride on Muskoka road 13. This was her first real twisty road and we took it easy (the previous day, I took the same route and got the speed out of my system :-D ) . For those of you that don't know it, it is a twisty road with a lot of small elevation changes. It is a fun road, but you need to be cautious of sand and gravel, as athere are many dirt roads that branch off of it. Also there are a lot of bad repair jobs to be wary of.

Here are some pics of my sister's property that we stayed at:

100_1588.jpg

100_1589.jpg

100_1587.jpg

This is my wife, at a stop along the way. This place is called the Torrence barrens. It is a conservation area that was established to preserve the Dark Sky. Sounds weird, but it is actually pretty cool. there is something like 5000 acres that they have prohibited any type of permanent lighting (i.e streetlights)

100_1585.jpg

This weekend was the first time that I had been on muskoka road 13, but I can assure you that it will not be my last.

100_1583.jpg

100_1581.jpg

100_1582.jpg

100_1580.jpg

Back