MULLET gets its hairdryer...TURBO

did you get the motor back in yet? Did you just change the headgasket or did you put a spacer and studs in it?

did you get the motor back in yet? Did you just change the headgasket or did you put a spacer and studs in it?

Pulled the motor, head.......changed the gasket, studs ( pro-mod ), NO spacer, motor back together and in....5 hours of work.

All the turbo stuff is back on too. Had blast this past weekend out and about in a flash:laugh: Looking for a test n tune at the local track now.

fun stuff. vids of you running 8's with all the led's going would be awesome.

Who tuned it

Power House in NY. Now that the head gasket is fixed, I need to return to Frank for about an hour of final high end tuning just to check and be safe.

Made 254hp at 140 torgue. Frank thinks he can get a tad more out of it on the top end?

So you are running off of the old tune before you blew the head gasket? Be careful not to run it too hard if you are using the old tune. It should be close but you never know what has changed.

The tune was about complete when the gasket went. Frank said I would be ok, but to be 100% safe, he would like another hour with it just to check it all out. THe gasket went when he started the full HP pulls. The MAP it self was basicly done.

O..and a turbo vs a well tuned turbo...= night and day. Before riding was weak compaired to now..HOLY MOTHER OF ALL THAT IS POWER:bowdown:

I got the MULLET donw the 1/4 FINALY:laugh:

Now the day was not with out issues thu. ITs been over ONE year since Iv made a pass down the 1/4:banghead: you know with the swap out from crapshaft to the OSD, the probs with the old swingarm, then setting up and tuning the turbo, and getting on a new 330 OSD shorter swingarm.

Pass one:
launched at 5K..trac was sticky and boy did that 330 bite, with 30psi air. Trac officals where walking out of their shoes it was so sticky....:rofl:Honestly
Boost spike just before second and front was air born:thumbsup:
Prob with the air shifter ( figuring psi of new air tank in arm )
Went thru the traps top of 3rd? Yea bad run but FUN..boost pulling crazy
60 ft 1.99
1/8 7.0
1/4 10.5 @ 128 mph.
Now remember BEFORE boost..my best was 9.89 @ 143 mph..so plenty of room to improve:please:

Pass two:
Launched at 7K boost was spooling
Big 330 bit again:thumbsup:
Air shifter working better but not Auto shift from shift light...button shifted
60 ft 1.94
1/8 6.5
1/4 9.74 @ 154.8 mph
Cant remember if thru traps in top of 4 or bottom of 5th, but BOOST was still pulling HARD out the door..and man was I holding the hell on:rofl:

Pass three: Elimination..dial 9.23, air cooling off and expecting to keep getting faster.
Air shifter working great and auto shifting from shift light!
Launched at 7,500 and spun:banghead:
60 ft 2.1
1/8 6.5
1/4 10.0 @ 151 mph:banghead:

It was a fun day despite the 5 wrecks on the track. One being infront of me as I watched by the fence at the top end. AND he walked away after a get off at 196 mph:please: The 60 ft loopers and the 330 crash was not as lucky.

Plenty of room to impove..need more seat time and lot better 60ft. Might thru my 45t vs the 43t sprocket back on and go again.

Last edited:
Sounds like the day went well and you are getting the feel of the new parts....very cool.

Pic sent to me from a bud that was there. THis was my 1st pass of the day.

imagejpeg_2.jpg

Back