MULLET gets its hairdryer...TURBO

BigRod1300

Registered
THought I would start a new thread in the right place for this. Yes I did have another thread that was orig winter mod changes...but plan developed into + HP. Since I have most of the new stuff on, on the table, or on its way to me...Ill start the build with pics.
The MULLETs hairdryer consist of a USED MoterHead ultra stage-2 with lig/air intercooler heat exchanger.
Also like to add a big THANKs to Richard at RCC for exploding my head with great info every time I contacted him with a question...even though this isnt even one of his kits ( but he knows about it). THANKS.:beerchug:

No motor work has been done, not even a spacer plate. Will be running on stock comp for now. Next winter plans will be spacer, studs, ect internal works. All that said Ill be running 7 lbs boost...MAX until then.

Install of the stock oil pan that already had a return line fitting in it.
remove the allen bolt behind the filter
install oil cooler block-off plates.

DSC00619.jpg

DSC00616.jpg

DSC00651.jpg

Last edited:
Next lets move on to the header. Freshly ceramic coated from HPC connection. I also coated the 5-bolt flange that holds the wastegate to the turbo.
New ( replace old one) Tial 38mm BLUE wastegate with .5map spring (7.2 psi ).

DSC00710.jpg

DSC00711.jpg

DSC00712.jpg

DSC00713.jpg

DSC00714.jpg

Replacing the old scratched up oil return line with new.
New oiler return line I had made up.

The style of banding that on the oiler line requires me to get a 45ed -3an fitting off the turbo. The line is pinching against the block. The 45 will take care of this. THen I can use these lock header bolts to get the turbo into place.

DSC00704.jpg

DSC00658.jpg

DSC00715.jpg

Up-grade to a GenII radiator and dual fans set up. I swapped out the blades to Muzzy alum blades.
Mounted the lig/air heat exchanger to the radiator.

DSC00620.jpg

DSC00656.jpg

DSC00657.jpg

DSC00628.jpg

Ill keep this thread as a walk thru of install. I have more done but its out of order...so Ill post those pics as get to that works discription.:beerchug:

Awesome cant wait to see it done:thumbsup:

Re installed the turbo to the header ( PAIN IN THE BUTT).
installed the 5-bolt flange and wastegate
connected up the oiler line
connected up the oil drain line

DSC00724.jpg

DSC00725.jpg

DSC00726.jpg

DSC00727.jpg

Installed the GenII radiator with dual fans ( muzzy blades ), and the heat exchanger for the lig/air intercooler
relocated the fan sensor to the right radiator hose...and wired it.
Made a bracket to hold the bottom of the radiator to the 3-bolt flange of the dump pipe...not seen in these pics.
I test fitted the right fairing to check the radiator and heat exchange fittment. Will have to trim about 1 inch of the upper rear of the inner fairing trianguler plastic piece. All else clears great.

DSC00728.jpg

DSC00729.jpg

DSC00730.jpg

Previously done:
ECU flashed by BoostBySmith: remove speed limiter, up rev limit to 11,500, and a hard cut.
Installed crank case billet cover and breather filter.

Removed the fuel pump assembley from the tank. I sent the fuel level sending unit out and had this billet part made, so it keeps the sending unit working and gives me my -8an feed and -6an return fittings.

DSC00681.jpg

DSC00682.jpg

DSC00683.jpg

DSC00684.jpg

Run the braided lines and BigCC main fuel rail...that came in my used kit.
Insulated and heat shielded the fuel filter and pump.

DSC00652.jpg

DSC00653.jpg

DSC00696.jpg

DSC00697.jpg

The sensor on the bracket with the flapper valve needs to stay hooked up to the wires by the way
it is the atmosperic pressure sensor
it's the one with just one fitting on it
it doesn't get vac though just left out in open

The sensor on the bracket with the flapper valve needs to stay hooked up to the wires by the way
it is the atmosperic pressure sensor
it's the one with just one fitting on it
it doesn't get vac though just left out in open

Yep....all wires hooked back up. Just the canister GONE and the orig vac line by-passed over it.

Back