Mr12 vp fuel in stock gen 2 help

You will be able to pour it in and run it. If you have brocks exhaust he has maps for the mr fuel he can send you. The stuff works, we put it in an 08 gix 1k and picked up almost two tenths and a few mph.

I see you a Brock Exhaust so he can supply a good map. I switched to MR12 over MR9 and ran my best ET ever on the bike very first day out!

I've heard that stuff is corrosive if left in overnight and can cause problems.
Some others will chime in saying same .
Do a little more research on it .

I just put some in my buddies 06 Gen I with Airbox mod and Brocks GenIII exhaust and did this past weekend. Anyhow, the bike baselines at SAE 156hp on a Dynojet 250I. I use ECU editor and the tune is around 13.2 to 1. With the MR12 fuel I richened it up and got the AFR to 12.90 to 1. We gained 5hp from the fuel. We could have leaned it out and gained more HP on the dyno but I leave it there as on the road the AFR will lean out some.

In the past I have used MR11 on a 2007 GSXR1K that baselined at 157hp with a slipon and no tune with a AFR of 13.6, it gained 6hp and leaned it out even more. This bike liked it lean as it picked up .2 and nearly 3mph in the traps. I have also used MR9, U4 and U4.2. They all gave about 4hp without a tune. Only ever got an additional 1.5hp on the dyno if it needed to be leaned out.

All these fuels work but I have never gained as much as everyone else in the US. Now you can't just say you will gain XX amount of HP but you should look at the percentage gain dependant on how much HP you have to begin with.

Note: We used all 5 gallons of fuel after making 35 runs.

And yes, if you leave the fuel in the tank for too long such as over a week, it will gum up the injectors, fuel pump and even the valves. Fill up the tank completely and run the engine on regular pump for at least a few miles at the mininum. Other than that, these fuels stink bad!

For the price of admission, a little expensive for my taste.

Last edited:
So am i looking at this wrong? All i've been reading is that 87 octane(pump gas) is better than 93(in my 06) but yet you made 6 more hp with slip on's and no tune with alot more octane?(well more than 93) I'm sure i'm missing something could you explain? Sorry if its a stupid question but just trying to understand this a lil better. Thank you......

Those are oxygenated fuels, thats where the extra HP is comming from. Higher octane does not translate into HP. The octane rating is its resistance to detonation. That alows you to use higher compression and more timing, thus making more power.

Those are oxygenated fuels, thats where the extra HP is comming from. Higher octane does not translate into HP. The octane rating is its resistance to detonation. That alows you to use higher compression and more timing, thus making more power.

Thanks i understand a lil better now. But still 6hp without a tune or mods just from running a different brand of fuel? Thats impressive and nice to know. Thanks again for the info.

???Hmmm....I always wondered why one of the guys here locally drained the MR12 out of his tank when he was done running. Good to know info!:thumbsup:

HOOYAH!!!

You don't want to breath the fumes or get it on your skin either. Nasty stuff!

Back