MPS Vs. MRE air shifter....

MPS, Dan is a great guy and his products are awesome. Not to mention they go out of their way to help if you need it.

MPS has been helping racers for years. Not knocking MRE, haven't heard anything bad about them, but MPS is a great company. Forget the electric shifter unless you are road racing, or have a disability or something that requires 2 way shifting.

You Should get in touch with Cycle tek, I think his name is matt (I think). They have an awesome setup, and very reasonably priced. I have heard several complain about the MPS kill box crapping out. Could have been old news, but I dont know first hand.

Last edited:
You Should get in touch with Cycle tek, I think his name is matt (I think). They have an awesome setup, and very reasonably priced. I have heard several complain about the MPS kill box crapping out. Could have been old news, but I dont know first hand.
CycleTek is definitely worth a look, good products and prices. MPS boxes are known to have some issues, but they are replaced free of charge by the company, even if you bought it used. Hard to find that level of product support anywhere.

Cycle-tek all the way and get Matts harness that runs threw the ecu instead of kill box if you have a gen 2 or use Matt's kill box if running a gen1. you will not beat Matt's customer service anywhere. My 4 th kit is on it's way from matt as I type this. every time I switch bikes I order from him again!

I have run an MPS since 04, and never had an issue with it. The air switching valve started making it double shift with the auto shifter, but one call and they sent me a diode to fix that..

Cycle Tek makes good stuff as well. Matt is a good guy, and stands behind his product as well

Im using the MPS harness and had them re-flash a spare ECU i had. The rest of the parts were e-bay/Jegs/where ever. MPS has gone above and beyond for me in the past. I do most of my shopping there.

Dan has a lifetime warranty of his stuff

Back