MPS air shifter

BusaDood

Registered
I just got the MPS kit, but it didnt come with the compressor because it weighs more and i hear that people just fill the bottles up before they race. I'm just wondering how long a full bottle will last. My bike is mostly street with the occasional Drag Test and tune day. SHould i spend the 75 bucks and get the compressor or just fill it up at the gas station or home before i go out? I just dont wanna use it twice and be out of air.
bluegrab.gif

BD

I just got the MPS kit, but it didnt come with the compressor because it weighs more and i hear that people just fill the bottles up before they race. I'm just wondering how long a full bottle will last. My bike is mostly street with the occasional Drag Test and tune day. SHould i spend the 75 bucks and get the compressor or just fill it up at the gas station or home before i go out? I just dont wanna use it twice and be out of air.
bluegrab.gif

BD
Get a compressor from Wal Mart for 9 bucks , gut it and install it in your hump ..

with just air pressure, you would have to fill it every single pass. Get CO2, matt of cycle-tek has awesome service and products and will sell you a partial system. Get hundreds of shifts off a $2 CO2 charge from local paintball or sporting goods store. www.cycle-tek.com

I have the mps set up,i have the compressor,,doesnt weigh hardly anything,like said above it needs to be filled before evry race fill to 120psi and your good to go for a 1/4mi race...would imagine it would be a pain in the azz to have to stop and fill all the time

If your using it all the time...dont know why on the street? I have a dapincci air-ride and set-up a 1 lb MPS bottle for instant up action. Now I just recieved Cycle-tek air shifer that will run off the 1 lb bottle. This bottle fits great crossways in the tail just behind the hump latch bar. The dapincci compressor fills the bottle...I have a pressure switch that will ON the compressor if pressure drops bellow 110 psi and OFF at 150 psi. That way the bottle is always full for either the shifter or the air-ride.

If your using it all the time...dont know why on the street?  I have a dapincci air-ride and set-up a 1 lb MPS bottle for instant up action.  Now I just recieved Cycle-tek air shifer that will run off the 1 lb bottle.  This bottle fits great crossways in the tail just behind the hump latch bar.  The dapincci compressor fills the bottle...I have a pressure switch that will ON the compressor if pressure drops bellow 110 psi and OFF at 150 psi.  That way  the bottle is always full for either the shifter or the air-ride.
+1000 on not sure why you would need on the street,its ment to be used at WOT only!!

Back