Mountaineer Restaurant

In light of the fact that there is concern about driving at night (dark roads with wildlife, etc.) I've moved the dinner up to 5pm.

Dennis I sent you a PM on this.

I don't want anyone to NOT go because of this.

Also, since there is now another dinner option on the table (which kinda defeats the purpose of everyone eating together) I'd like a head count on this option by Friday the 18th. This place is going all out for us in terms of coordination and parking and I'd hate it to be for only 5 people.

Thanks everyone.....can't wait to see you. :thumbsup:

I think you are commenting on Mr. Bogus's other thread? He references friday night, and this is Saturday night...I think?

I think you are commenting on Mr. Bogus's other thread? He references friday night, and this is Saturday night...I think?

No. This dinner is Friday night. The 25th.

Like I said....want everyone to be safe and have fun....that's all I care about. :thumbsup:

I updated the times on the first post. For those worried about riding back in the dark, we will ride back in a group, casual pace. We have plenty of Busa's with HIDS to space through the group. The entire group will be running high beams (adjust your mirrors accordingly) except when there is oncoming traffic. Nobody wil be left behind to find their way home in the dark.

How does this change the ride schedule that BusaWhipped has planned for us.

Thanks you so much also for doing that dude.
:thumbsup:

boy I tell ya....

we are eating at McDonalds and then drinking a case of beer at the upper fire pit...

The pizza joint has an all you can eat buffet if you like.. Wendy's has a burger special and the Big Mac across the street has a coupon you can use..

My concern was tired riders at night after a long day... I have ridden this route a few times at night, it is not that much fun and frankly I would have done a lunch run..

My invite? none... just voicing a genuine concern for rider safety.. As a somewhat experienced rider, I know what it feels like to be worn out, get a large meal and then try to concentrate on a relatively technical ride in the dark..

I was worried about anyone having anything alcoholic to drink and wanted everyone to wait until they got back to the hotel.. (unless no one is drinking) :)

Sunset will be around 7:30 and it gets dark quick in the hills.. (and it will be in the 50's most likely)

Had a great time yesterday. I thing everyone enjoyed the ride and the food. The little bit of rain didn't seem to dampen anyone's spirits. Thanks for setting it up mrsGrumpy.

I added some pics to my albumn
2009 Fall Bash | Facebook

Last edited:
Back