Mountaineer Restaurant

The route Dennis has chosen is a great route, I have made that ride many times and it never gets old, I really think everyone will really enjoy it. :)

OK, OK, I am lost with the acronym CRoT,

Is it something to do with the Race Cafe at the Tails beginning?

Better yet will there be an Tomatoe Bisque soup I can try for lunch, :rofl:

CRoT = Cross Roads of Time. Its the name of the restaurant/gift shop at the entrance to the Dragon.

CRoT = Cross Roads of Time. Its the name of the restaurant/gift shop at the entrance to the Dragon.

Thanks, now I understand.

They have good food!!

From my personal trip last year,

IMG_0611.jpg

Got the menu (apparently family showed up and delayed it getting to me). Pretty good choices...will post up in a bit. :thumbsup:

Okay all it's up! ....thank you Busawhipped for posting.

All of these choices are going to be at a flat rate of $13 plus tax and beverage. Beer and wine will be offered. Also....and this is very important....we will be doing seperate checks. A head count is needed...I think I posted that already? :laugh: I'll go check. They are going to clear a section of parking lot for us and will be stopping traffic when we leave so we can go as a group.

Any questions let me know!

I'm game...however....that's mean it's at least an hour ride back to Robbinsville...in the dark...with a bunch of bikes...in a National Forest that has lots of night critters...on a curvy road...if we have bad weather...with potentially alcohol involved....I'm just sayin....something to think about...I'll be in the back...

Last edited:
I'm game...however....that's mean it's at least an hour ride back to Robbinsville...in the dark...with a bunch of bikes...in a National Forest that has lots of night critters...on a curvy road...if we have bad weather...with potentially alcohol involved....I'm just sayin....something to think about...I'll be in the back...

There is certainly room for discussion on this. I don't want anyone to not go because of the dark. Should I move the reservation up?

IMHO we'd be better off to eat earlier and not get caught out in the dark; I got caught out last fall bash after dark in rain for over an hour and didn't like it much.

We have enough people with hids to turn night into day. Rain would suck, but we won't know about that until we are there.

We have enough people with hids to turn night into day. Rain would suck, but we won't know about that until we are there.

This is true. I'd be willing to change the reservation by an hour if enough people decide they are going. This means I will need a head count sooner than later.

this comes from a guy that jumps out of airplanes for fun.....:laugh:

All very good points.....I will be right in front of him.:thumbsup:

I'll be behind you, :whistle:

this comes from a guy that jumps out of airplanes for fun.....:laugh:

All very good points.....I will be right in front of him.:thumbsup:

Believe it or not, I feel much safer jumping out of that airplane than I do riding down the road....no cagers (or critters) at 10,000 feet....

If we are not going to use the "Fall Bash 09 attending list" post as a head count...because we are unsure of out of that list....who's committing to the dinner ride. Maybe we should make an "official" dinner list post. As Mrs Grumpy said she needs to turn in a head count by the 21st.

Anyways....just trying to make things easier for those that are helping on their time.

You know I'm in! :thumbsup:

I will be there, but no food for me, so I don't "count"!!! :) Also, I am bring the cage so if there should be some need for a designated driver we are covered.

Back