Mountaineer Restaurant

MrsGrumpy

Faith, Trust, Pixie Dust!
Donating Member
Registered
Here is the link to the restaurant we will be going to Friday night. Our reservations are for 5pm. If someone would like to help out with being in charge of the ride (Busawhipped :whistle:) I'd appreciate it.

Restaurant

I've spoken with the owner. She's very kind....... and flexible. Joanne will be setting us up a menu within the next few days. When I receive it I'll post it for y'all to view. We'll have 4 different meals to choose from (just to make it easier for them). There will be a chicken dinner, a steak dinner, catfish, salmon, and something else I think. Beers are only $2.50 and they also have wine $4.95 a glass or $18 a bottle. (just in case you were wondering)

IF THERE ARE ANY SPECIAL NEEDS (DUE TO ALLERGIES AND SUCH) PLEASE LET ME KNOW ONE WEEK PRIOR TO SEPTEMBER 25TH.

I will need to give her a head count by September 21st. If you think you'd like to come along for the ride....and a great meal, respond here.

This is just a fun ride and meal. If you plan on doing something else there are no hurt feelings. This is just a chance for everyone to sit around and talk.

The ride will start at Phillips at 11:00am. We wil leave CRoT around noon.

Saturday Group Ride to Diner.jpg

HAYABUSA.ORGMENU.jpg

Attachments

• N Main St, Robbinsville, NC 28771 to near Maggie Valley.zip
    174.2 KB · Views: 171
Last edited by a moderator:
I think I've been volunteered :laugh: I'll put together a ride that ends at the restaurant and post up the route in the first post.

OK, there are a couple of ways we can do this, or we could do this a couple of ways if there are folks willing to lead multiple groups.

1) It's about an hour from Philips to the Restaurant taking the direct route.
2) We could make an afternoon out of the ride and end up at the Restaurant after a couple hundred miles.

I'm in favor of #2 myself.

OK, there are a couple of ways we can do this, or we could do this a couple of ways if there are folks willing to lead multiple groups.

2) We could make an afternoon out of the ride and end up at the Restaurant after a couple hundred miles.

As if there is any question ??? #2 :laugh:

Although I understand that probably puts a bit more work on your back BusaWhipped to put the longer ride together. Just let us know if you need any help.
Good times a comin' :beerchug:

Will that be a "tank full to tank full" ride...no stops even if you have to pee? :rofl:

Will that be a "tank full to tank full" ride...no stops even if you have to pee? :rofl:

Not this time. This one is about the ride, not just the destination. No slab involved. I have the route planned, but the PDF file is too big to upload. I'll figure something out shortly. The highlights:

1) Stands up Phillips at 11:00 AM and take Hell Bender to CRoT.
2) Stands up CRoT at Noon and run up through the Dragon.
3) We'll wait for everyone to get through at their own pace at the rest area on the left side of the road north of the Dragon.
4) Take the Foothills Parkway over to Wear Valley and a fuel/hydration stop.
5) Little River Rd to 441 and a stop near Ft Harry for a breather.
6) 441 to Blue Ridge Parkway to 19 into Maggie Valley and diner.

136.0 miles; 4 hours, 52 minutes

Last edited:
For those that just want to meet up for diner,
From Phillips:
143 east to 28 south to 19 east into Maggie Valley and diner.

55 miles; 1 hour 15 minutes.

OK, OK, I am lost with the acronym CRoT,

Is it something to do with the Race Cafe at the Tails beginning?

Better yet will there be an Tomatoe Bisque soup I can try for lunch, :rofl:

Back