Mototek Undertail and Corbin Beetle bags

Ken02busa

Donating Member
Registered
I stripped down the Busa today, to install the undertail but where you have to cut all the plastic off, is where 2 beetle bags mount. Is there any way around this? Bags are more important to me than an undertail, but if I can do both I would for sure. Has anyone else run into this?

I have a Busa in the garage with the Beetles Bags off and the hardware exposed if you need some pics - PM me.

I decided on an undertail (ships Friday). I only use bags 4 or 5 times a year so I decided on the Tour Masters.
Dad has the Corbins and they are NICE. My only gripe is they are a bear to remove (3 bolts), and a bi*ch to carry when they are full of clothes.

I have a Busa in the garage with the Beetles Bags off and the hardware exposed if you need some pics - PM me.

I decided on an undertail (ships Friday).  I only use bags 4 or 5 times a year so I decided on the Tour Masters.
Dad has the Corbins and they are NICE.  My only gripe is they are a bear to remove (3 bolts), and a bi*ch to carry when they are full of clothes.
interested in selling the beettle bags? What color are they?

Wait ...So if I have an undertail I can't use the beetle bags? Can't something be fabbed to make them work?

You could do it-  The Corbin bags have a bracket that attaches where the rear reflectors are (were).  You would have to drill your undertail to mount it.  Once the bags are mounted you can not see that part of the bike.

Pic will follow that shows the bags come from Corbin with fairly large and obvious indentions that accomodate the rear factory turn signal stalks.  The undertail would eliminate the stalks, leaving the indentions that are not filled.
PM me if you need pics and I'll take them for you.

No bags for sale - sorry  
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|hbr-06busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138848131 -->

Bike_Trip_005.jpg

I have had them on, YES they are totally awesome. I was missing the brackets that strengthen the reflector mounts, have ordered them from Corbin today. I think I might even be able to make some brackets to reattach the stock signal lights, if the holes in the bags look too ugly without lights.
More to follow, THANKS guys!

Back