Motorcycle dash cam quest

Damn. That is pretty damn good. I was worried about vibrations, but it looks really good. I played both videos at the same time and watched both. Pretty cool. I may have to get one.

Damn. That is pretty damn good. I was worried about vibrations, but it looks really good. I played both videos at the same time and watched both. Pretty cool. I may have to get one.
The one thing I wasn’t impress with, was the lack of quality control. The first ordered arrived missing a camera and had a bunch of extra mounting brackets. The second arrived with both cameras, but display had no protection and showed light scratches. I ordered a halocam system to try on the busa and compare and it looks much nicer, so I need to find time to mount it and test it to compare video quality of the two.

Here are some pictures of the halocam system. I’ll upload videos once installed on the busa.

00157D42-2620-4C1C-AE98-0B572C88A901.jpeg

32C67F20-0115-4571-99A6-B7C570AAC6C8.jpeg

791E1256-8FBB-4472-8737-933B33992D0C.jpeg

I was just on amazon reading reviews for the Halocam system. Seems pretty good. Comes with GPS to track your ride, too speed etc.

Waterproof?
No Willie, no waterproof monitors. :confused:The motopro cam came with a sleeve that is pretty crappy. You can’t really see anything on the display with it on. The halocam doesn’t even come with that. On the concours, I ended up retrofitting the tank “glovebox” that the older models came with from the factory, just so I could store the display in there. Not sure how I’ll go about mounting the display on the busa. I guess they think that, because of the loop recording and always running configuration, you can put the display under the seat or hump so it’ll stay dry and forget about it. Here is a pic of the concours setup.

99C050CB-39C8-4FF6-92D4-150546E29864.jpeg

I was just on amazon reading reviews for the Halocam system. Seems pretty good. Comes with GPS to track your ride, too speed etc.
The guy’s name I’ve been talking to is Amos. I just got done installing it on the busa. Not too happy with the front camera location I chose and couldn’t mount the display behind the windscreen like I wanted, due to not having some material laying around to make a bracket for it. Both the halocam M1 and motopro cam have bulky wires that make things tricky to install and run on a motorcycle with limited space like the busa. It’s installed now though, so I’ll try to do a test run around the block after running some errands.

Updates please on your dash cams please thanks
All working great! I have footage of the halocam M1 in action, but YouTube is not letting me upload them and gives me error every time. The topdawg has better mounts for the cameras, as they are GoPro style mounts.

Back