motor issue

easportz

Registered
so here is my issue, I have noticed that the short "whine sound" prior to ignition when the engine is resetting; the pitch of that tone is slightly off.
Power seems to plateau and not pull as hard after hitting 150mph.
3rd/4th gears I feel a slight "grind" for lack of better term around 4k rpm.

I pulled out the TRE and still seem to have the issues. Drained the oil and don't see any metal in the oil.

Bike has 84k miles, engine was totally broken down and rebuilt at 74k new gears, polished heads, rings etc. everything internal new.

ANYONE have any ideas what I should look at next?

Gen 1 or 2?
Fuel filter / pump / regulator which goes to fuel pressure at the injectors. Which goes to injectors clean. Which follows as bad fuel supply or spray = less power the more fuel your bike wants.

so here is my issue, I have noticed that the short "whine sound" prior to ignition when the engine is resetting; the pitch of that tone is slightly off.
Power seems to plateau and not pull as hard after hitting 150mph.
3rd/4th gears I feel a slight "grind" for lack of better term around 4k rpm.

I pulled out the TRE and still seem to have the issues. Drained the oil and don't see any metal in the oil.

Bike has 84k miles, engine was totally broken down and rebuilt at 74k new gears, polished heads, rings etc. everything internal new.

ANYONE have any ideas what I should look at next?
That short 'whine' sound is the fuel pump priming for a couple of seconds to bring the fuel pressure up to 45psi at the fuel rail/injectors.
The power 'plateau' (as you put it) is most likely insufficient fuel delivered through the injectors to the combustion chambers causing a 'lean condition'.
This is most likely attributed to the fuel pump filters being clogged, so really what needs to be done is a full check over of the fuel system, clean, new consumable parts, and a refresh of the fuel system starting at the pump and ending at the injectors, with the desired fuel injector 'spray pattern' achieved.
You can check the color of the spark plugs to ascertain the mixture (fuel/air) and verify that it is actually lean.

1622622740266.png

Put simply, take the bike to a reputable bike mechanic that is familiar with Busas and get him to diagnose the fault with his test gear.
Very difficult to accurately diagnose a fault or a poor running condition over an internet forum.
Hope this helps, Kiwi.

Last edited:
OK, update: I replaced the pump with oem knockoff. that thing sounded like sh*t too. but when I would hit the power band I would get no power. I installed an All Balls pump last night and now I have a healthy sounding pump but no ignition. The engine is just turning over. So my question is has anyone ever have the actual filter, not the screen under the pump fail? I think that is my problem, but at $270 for the unit....
anyone have any other ideas as to potential trouble shooting issues?

Back