motor bogs at full throttle

specialk509

Registered
Hi new busa owner here i recently got my bike from my step dad its an 08 with 5500 miles stock everything she runs really nice but if i full throttle pretty much in any gear it seeems to just bog anywhere from 5k to 7k but if i just not full throttle it runs through the rpms just fine i tried putting it in differant modes but seems like those dont change anything. just need ideas on what to check for thanks.

Welcome,

As to your issue...you need to ask if it has done this for any length of time...what I'm reading is if you grab a handful of throttle it bogs on it's way to red line and if you just roll on the throttle it is fine...

I'd say being it is an '08 with these few miles on it means it has sat for a while...this points towards a fueling issue, probably a plugged up fuel pump filter or injector...

There are many threads on here which will help check the injector and change out the filter..

The modes do nothing really except limit peak power....

Welcome,

As to your issue...you need to ask if it has done this for any length of time...what I'm reading is if you grab a handful of throttle it bogs on it's way to red line and if you just roll on the throttle it is fine...

I'd say being it is an '08 with these few miles on it means it has sat for a while...this points towards a fueling issue, probably a plugged up fuel pump filter or injector...

There are many threads on here which will help check the injector and change out the filter..

The modes do nothing really except limit peak power....
so would my first step be to get some kind of fuel injector cleaner that i could add to the fuel?

so would my first step be to get some kind of fuel injector cleaner that i could add to the fuel?
I honestly don't think this will do it...

I think you will need to check what kind of pressure and spray you are getting from your injectors.

Also these bikes have two sets of butteflies...could be the secondary butterflies are partially sticking when going WOT...

A half can to a tank of Seafoam couldn’t hurt, maybe try a couple times but even Seafoam doesn’t have a mechanic in the can.
You could use throttle body cleaner as well just in case the secondary butterflies are sticking a bit...

Secondary injectors prob clogged. They are not used till that rpm. Here is pic of map. So if it says 90% lowers are doing 90% of the work and the top 10%.

Our brother @rubbersidedown said he had some good luck with some stuff another member had suggested Thread 'Thanks to member Zeepopo for this recomendation (fuel additive)' Thanks to member Zeepopo for this recomendation (fuel additive) | Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself
But a little more background on the bike will help anyone trying to help diagnose. As said already of its sat for a long period of time without running and with that year and mileage of say it has then I'm guessing you might need to go thru the entire fuel system but I would try some cleaner first either the stuff in that thread I posted or seafoam would be the only 2 I'd suggest.

Hi new busa owner here i recently got my bike from my step dad its an 08 with 5500 miles stock everything she runs really nice but if i full throttle pretty much in any gear it seeems to just bog anywhere from 5k to 7k but if i just not full throttle it runs through the rpms just fine i tried putting it in differant modes but seems like those dont change anything. just need ideas on what to check for thanks.
And by the way welcome to the org, we're one big dysfunctional family here that loves and knows all things busa so when u get second head to the new owners section and give us a little background on the bike and yourself and we live pics of all bikes but especially Busa's.

Back