Moto Guzzi Griso - 2 valve - trick !

mountainmotor

Donating Member
Registered
For the second time since they were brought into the USA , i was able to see a 2006 Corsa Red Griso < 2 valve > in person a couple days ago . That thing was TRICK ! Attention to detail was pretty near stunning.

If i was to hit the lottery, i'd buy the new 4 valve Griso and supercharge the thing.

Anyone else walked up on one ? I recall this topic was visited some 5 years back . Alot of new folks here since then - general related bike topic and all.

Does anyone here own one by chance ?

For me a Guzzi is like a "European Harley", more refined, very nice, but not for those who chase technology.

They had it back in the 50's with the V-8 , but that was quickley diffused .

I'm just a window shopper on these various makes of bikes. The true Guzzi enthusiasts are just that. They love em .

V-8 Guzzi

04-7-09-22MandelloMuseoV8-1957.jpg

green2_11.jpg

I know people who would faint if they heard you say that :laugh:

:rofl:

The south African, Pierre Terblanche, who was Ducati's design Engineer, following Massimo Tamburini, left Ducati and now works for Norton. Before his new assignment though, he did a lot of design work for Guzzi, who are playing catchup to try and revive sales. Hopefully some new things will follow.

I think near everyone who has owned bikes any length of time would like to have an old classic motorcycle tucked away to break out every so often, without having a zillion bucks tied up in it.

Thing about those Griso's , they are not old and they are pricey . Guzzi's in general hold a reasonable resale value through thick and thin economy.

This is a quote from a really nice guy that posts on another site. Drive chains vs driveshaft of the Guzzi was brought up and he said;

Sometimes when I'm on the veranda sipping a glass Brunello di Montalcino, I feel for the plight of the peasants toiling laboriously over their chains...

but then i take another sip and forget about their troubles

Please don't take that wrong, he's not that type and it was posted in humor. :D

Back