More thoughts on the TRE now that I've used one

The Big Red One

Registered
I put a TRE on my stock 04 Busa at about 950 miles or so. At first I swear I noticed a big diff in the throttle responsiveness......but it also gave me a flat spot between 4000-5000 or so rpm's. So flat in fact that in 6th it was stuttering and stumbling heading up a local hill. I do live at 5000+ elevation, but as soon as I took it back off I noticed that......the throttle response felt exactly the same..lol. Its strange cause I swear it made a diff when I put it on....the diff just didn't go away when I took it off........weird huh?
But the TRE did give my bike a bit of an abrupt off-on throttle transition that was actually kinda a pain. So really I have to say that the TRE didn't do anything but hurt the driveability of my stock Busa. A good idea in theory...and maybe a good working idea at sea level....but up here in the clouds it didn't do jack for me. Oh well...I tried
wink.gif

I'm thinking that since the TRE just Fools your bike into thinking it's in 5th gear all the time, it fugs your A/F at that altitude...

Or maybe your TRE was broken? So in your Case sounds like it was a Timing Retard Enhancer...

I made a switchable one a couple of years ago [ Thanks Narissus ] sic.
My experiance with it on.. cruising 25 mph through our little redneck town....@ 2000-3000 K revs..less jerky--keep the throttle very steady. I also live at 5000'. Had it Dyno tested last month...made 1.2 LESS hp's with it on.
rock.gif
The operator used 4th gear....from idle to the rev limiter 5 times... WOW. Since i installed a PCII and a Muzzy 4 into one [was on when dyno'd] My low speed running is diff than before.
TRE on or off....havn't ridden enough to decide which works best.

hey Pace when the weather gets a little warmer here
mad.gif
brrrrr! maybe we can run these bad boys abit. Your prolly gonna spank this country boy tho cause my babys bone stock
tounge.gif
But I think we have the only 2 Busa's in the area. And the 2 best colors ta'boot!
wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

BTW yesterday or today matched the record for the coldest temp ever here! not exactly ridin' weather eh?...lol

tounge.gif

Just get a good tune job wit a TRE or with out..............................

I have a tre and had it tuned with it and now the bike is very smooth.
took the tre off the bike and rode it and the low end (4-5000) rpms was very jerky.

so i put it pack on.
biggrin.gif

I have a tre and had it tuned with it and now the bike is very smooth.
took the tre off the bike and rode it and the low end (4-5000) rpms was very jerky.

so i put it pack on.
biggrin.gif
you should have tuned it without it and then you would not need it.
Yeeeaaahhhh.......what HE said.....

Johnnycheese re-did a MAP for me and I no longer use my switchable TRE.......and my baby runs like a beast......very smooth and strong at all rpm's. Starts easy and no hesitation from off-throttle at low rpm's. However, I suppose the TRE would still be good for removing the top-end restriction and we all know how often we get to run 200+.......my.02

Wish I was near Pflugerville. I cant stand this low RPM, slow speed highly touchy throttle. Got me into a few hairy situations on 1st gear corners.

Stu

<!--EDIT|StuandJoy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102004390 -->

I sent him a Map that I liked but at 4000 rpm, my bike wanted to buck. He made some changes for me and played with the timing also. He e-mailed me back the revised MAP and all I can say is......DAYUM. Bike runs super and I am forever grateful to him for taking the time out for me. Reading this Johnny?.......You 'da man. Hopefully you can sweet talk him into doing the same. BTW....no need for that TRE now either. He knows what he's talking about.

Back