Misc pix from HITH

The 3 of us went to Blackwater Falls State Park just down the road from our cabin...it was worth the 214 steps down to see Blackwater Falls. The 214 steps back up were a bit slower. My youngest, David, did it twice just to show us he can :laugh:

Some tourist had dogs...we had Sheldon :laugh: I kept waiting for a State Park official to stop us and tell us we can't remove the wildlife :whistle:

Blackwater Falls up close.jpg

Blackwater Falls David Sheldon.jpg

Blackwater Falls Sam Sheldon.jpg

Blackwater Falls Bounder Boys with Sheldon.jpg

Blackwater Falls from afar.jpg

I've been on an ECHR run to Seneca Rocks with my ex-husband, years ago...he crashed before we got there, so this time around, my boys and I got to see it. Very cool to finally see 'em in person...

There was a really cool old building across from Seneca Rocks; I'd love to get my hands on that old red Ford sign!!

Seneca Rocks.jpg

Seneca Rock Boys.jpg

Seneca Rocks Field.jpg

Seneca Rocsk Ford Bldg.jpg

Last one...just a stop along the road once we were in Virginia, kept watching the water winding along the road and figured we'd hike down to it. None of us were wearing the right shoes, but we tried anyway, and once we were heading down, we realized just how steep it really was :banghead: Responsible Mom in me wondered what would happen to my kids in the middle of no where if I fell and bashed my head on a rock :laugh: so I opted to let them climb down, fussing the entire time about being careful, and just as it seemed they'd hit their limits of just how far they wanted to go and they'd turned to allow me a photo op, Sam put his hand on a tree, then I heard "David, move, MOVE NOW! NOW!!!" and two kids ran up that steep hill faster than you can ever imagine in the worst of climbing shoes...

Sam claims a spider the size of his entire hand was crawling across his hand, from the back of the tree. The photo I ended up with was just as Sam realized something was amiss :laugh: The two of them were faster than Carl Lewis getting back in the Expedition :rofl:

So, photo op be damned...but, funny story... :)

Virginia Roadway Stop.jpg

Looks like a good time had by all. Wish I could have been there.

westbusa (jeff) was doing fortunes from inside his trailer to help pay for the gas money back....lol

GEDC0288.jpg

a Haya's in the hills favorite simmering for everyone to arrive

GEDC0290.jpg

i drive 14 hrs from New Hampshire and all i get to eat are these stinking hot dogs!!! lol

GEDC0305.jpg

here is RedBusaRider (carl) showing "here is a pic of another straight road we have in Michigan" lol "and i use these on my front wheel in case i fall asleep and start to drift on those straight roads" (seriously its how he locks them into his stands in his trailer)

GEDC0352 (Small).JPG

GEDC0332 (Small).JPG

Michele getting impatient about taking a pick..uhhhh ....pic :whistle:

GEDC0354 (Small).JPG

Looking like you guys had a great time. Love the landscape in those pics. Gotta get out that way one day.

Back