Mile Zero Ride in the Planning

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
At this time I'm planning on being in the keys October 5th, 6th, and 7th. Staying at the Spanish Gardens Motel. I'll be traveling I-95 south to Palm Bay anyway, maybe farther. Looks like Via I-95 S 726.71 miles 11 hrs 52 mins / then there's Busa Time :laugh:

So far I have two oRg members going. Anyone that would like to meet up and say hello, just let me know :poke:

That is the week before Biketoberfest. If I am off, I will meet up somewhere and ride a few. I am in NE Orlando area. Btw, I-95 south of Palm beach is a death trap...literally.
I won't know my Oct sched untill about Sept 15th.
Troy

Robert any chance of moving the dates?? Im going to biketoberfest now.

That is the week before Biketoberfest. If I am off, I will meet up somewhere and ride a few. I am in NE Orlando area. Btw, I-95 south of Palm beach is a death trap...literally.
I won't know my Oct sched untill about Sept 15th.
Troy

We're going south to Ft. Pierce on I95 then switching to the Turnpike. It's only about half a mile there. I95 around the Miami area is no fun.

For anyone interested in joining us...
The traffic during the week shouldn't be too bad. The weekend traffic on the Overseas Hwy can be a bit extreme, a 122 mile long parking lot.
After Labor Day and during the week we should drive right thru...

Best pizza in the keys and it's just south of Marathon on Big Pine key.

No Name Pub

Makes for a good stop midway for lunch. Also neat to write something on a dollar bill and staple it up.
Never know when you'll be back to see it again?

I'm in West Palm. From here Key a West is about 5-6 hours.
From where will you all be departing and or staying over?

When Russ was heading down he stayed over night here and then left in the morning to make it there at a decent time of the day. Let me know if you all need a place to crash overnight before carrying on.

It may not get that nice in Key West....:whistle:

It will still be high 80s low 90s in October. Prepare to sweat. But bring a bathing suit, stop and hop in to cool off.
Water is right on both sides and there are plenty of places to stop for a quick swim or a drink.

Best pizza in the keys and it's just south of Marathon on Big Pine key.

No Name Pub

Makes for a good stop midway for lunch. Also neat to write something on a dollar bill and staple it up.
Never know when you'll be back to see it again?

I'm in West Palm. From here Key a West is about 5-6 hours.

When Russ was heading down he stayed over night here and then left in the morning to make it there at a decent time of the day. Let me know if you all need a place to crash overnight before carrying on.

I think we're planning on stopping overnight in palm bay. Looks like a 100 miles north of you. Would still like to meet up on our way down just to say hello.

Blanca - I'm in West Palm. From here Key a West is about 5-6 hours.

I live in St. Cloud, I'll go over to I95 and 5 or 10 miles to Palm Bay. then we'll go to Ft. Pierce and over to the T'pike for the rest of the trip to Homestead/Florida City. If you want to PM a phone number we could give you a call when we get in the area.

If I get the time off work, i am planning on going to Avon Park for a bike fest weekend (north side of lake okachobee). I may meet up and ride through part of the keys with y'all on. Monday. I will most likely be on my slow beast..M109R as long as noone is too embarrassed!!!
Btw, no name pub is da chit!
Troy

If I get the time off work, i am planning on going to Avon Park for a bike fest weekend (north side of lake okachobee). I may meet up and ride through part of the keys with y'all on. Monday. I will most likely be on my slow beast..M109R as long as noone is too embarrassed!!!
Btw, no name pub is da chit!
Troy
The Ft Pierce exit is SR70 which goes over to Okeechobee. Any (or every) bike is welcome.

Back