Middle of the road

I have to say that is probably the best first post I have read in a long time. Congrats and welcome. At least you got the fastest year:laugh::beerchug:

Welcome to the oRg, yo!

Great place to be, made up by the great people! :beerchug:

Hi,

I joined the forum a while back, but this is my first post. I have been riding motorcycles for a long time and rough calculations puts my life mileage at around 250K on 2 continents and 14 countries. I love everything about it, the endurance it takes, the vigilance you need and the wisdom you gain. It is a lust I can’t do without. So, when I realized that my beloved 1984 GS1150 was to be considered an antiquity in 2009 (after 25 years), I felt it was time for a change. In the course of my relationship with her, I changed oh so many parts, went through I don’t know how many dozens of tires, dismantled its entrails during winter, repaired it on the fly while on the ride - and I was rewarded with more than two decades of road hugging of the most enjoyable kind. But she is old, and I don’t want to be. So here I am, with a 2005 busa bought late last fall. In 1984, the GS1150 was one of the fastest production bike in the world, so was the Hayabusa in 2005 – so I guess I went from one to the same. The only unfortunate aspect about this new found joy is that I am now in the second most at risk motorcyclist subgroup: an old biker with a new throttle. Twenty-five years ago, I was in the first at risk category: an 18-25 with mean cylinders. Well, I’ve done it once - I hope to do it again.

Happy and safe season everyone,

Denis

Welcome to the board and many happy miles with your new found love:thumbsup::thumbsup:

welcome aboard, and thanks for the intro. most of the new folks dont remember to post pics of their new obsessions, so you're already ahead of the curve. Now let the modding begin...

This is the warmest greeting I ever had joining a forum – the oRg does rock! And thanks for the compliments on my intro. I did realize afterwards that there might have been an imprecision on my life mileage, this is of course 250K km, and not miles. Less glamorous, I know – but it still adds up to quite a line. I’m looking forward to more exchanges, as I am in dire need of a knowledgeable crowd. This bike has things I don’t quite understand. A “Whistler”, which I understand is a radar detector (illegal in Quebec, I know – close your eyes on this one officer/lister), with a bunch of cables spreading in all directions, but doesn’t seem to work. Also maybe a theft prevention device – there are two keyholes under the hump for which I have no keys (?). My intention is of course to stay on top and possess the thing completely. I have gathered stuff: new brake and clutch lines, a carbon fibre tire hugger, Buel pegs, and a few other goodies I got from net shopping on long winter nights. I’ll get on it anytime now. As a matter of fact I’m buying tires next week and I might just pick your brains with a post on that subject soon.

SilverSurfer: Well, it’s becoming nicer and warmer every year…

Dadofthree: Hopefully that something is right (from a dad of two).

Mellow77: That is exactly the plan!

O Holy P: That your bike? Nice!

twotonevert: Amazing, yes – and would you believe I bought it with 12K km (7,5K miles) on it?

Hectic: And it is also a place for people that do take the time to adopt a convincing attitude, however busy they are – or so I gather from your pic. :p

Devil Dog: And greetings to you Sire!

SpeedAdict: Fastest year? There are years faster than others?

99’busa: Way cool! And interesting – this xtranormal text-to-movie could go somewhere. Thanks!

BusaWizard: Shshh! I don’t want her to hear that…

Ibified: Oh, it has indeed begun… :-)

BUSA159: In it’s present state? It’s too sad - you don’t want to see it. The damnest thing is that I had bought a lot of parts to put her back on the black: cables, new seat, NOS tank, even a barely used tranny. But it was time. I’ll dig around to see if I can come up with a fairly recent and decent photo.

Best,

Denis

Great intro and follow-up. As the others have posted, we'd really love to see pics of the ol' girl (GS). For some unknown reason we like to look at bikes (and cars), just be warned that there are some that enjoy :poke: at any background clutter.

If there is anything you can't find by searching here, just post up and you'll get replies o' plenty.
:welcome: to the .oRg Denis

Back