Medicare--VA??

gurrera

Registered
I have a question for the veterans out there.

I will be 65 in Dec.

I am using VA benefits now.

I am covered by the VA if I go to the VA hospital.:rulez:

Should I sign up with Medicare just in case I have to go to a non VA hospital for an emergence that will not be covered with the VA.????

Does any one else have this dilemma?:bowdown:

Thanks Sam

If it is a life threatening emergency and there is an Er closer than the VA, they will cover it but transfer you to the VA hospital as soon as it is safe to transfer you.

I have a question for the veterans out there.

Should I sign up with Medicare just in case I have to go to a non VA hospital for an emergence that will not be covered with the VA.????

Thanks Sam

If I were a Conservative, I would say no. Medicare is an entitlement program that is ruining our country.

But, since I am not a Conservative, I say yes. You should get everything you are entitled to, never know when you are going to need it.

Yes, even my Tricare requires me to sign up for medicare and add a Tricare Supplyment Coverage for the parts that aren't covered. That way, I and my wife are fully covered.
And NO, Medicare is not an entitlement, you paid for it (makes no difference if the Government use the money for other self serving programs and broke it) :beerchug:

Your are right medicare it is not an entitlement program, and don't call social security an entitlement program either.:rulez:

I payed in to it for 45 years and now I have to pay tax on it each month that I get my check,??? and it will be 2016 until I get back what I put in to it.:banghead:
Sam

Back