Maximum Power Available?

812Supa

Registered
Lets assume you have a stock motor with only an upgraded fuel pump, and no head spacer.

What is the supposed maximum HP/Torque the motor and injectors can handle?

Keep in mind, not what is the safe numbers, what is the max. running C16 or whatever you have to do?
What can the motor handle?

It really isn't about max hp or torque, really about how load is applied and for how long. also what terrain. sand different than pavement, hills different from straightaway.. hp/tq can be anything, but with higher compression like stock 250 275 would be likely, know of one made 400 for awhile but not for long pulls... right tool for right job will save a hole in piston or motor and you dying..

Ok, lets start with an easy one, how much power can the stock injectors take?

Question two, how much power can the bottom end handle.

Then I will figure out the rest, no need to get into specifics of power adders, etc.

stock injectors, 1:1 regulator about 200hp
stock injectors, FMU , maybe 280-300, reliability drops off as you get higher, case of where do you want to draw the line
stock bottom end (not stock compression ) again 300ish , if your pushing it hard for longer periods then 250-280
luck of the draw with stock stuff, EG tighter than average tolerances and 300hp is going to cost you a motor

Sorry to be completely off subject here I'm new to this forum. I bought an 06' busa and am starting the little tweaks and tinkering to make it really my style. I was am wondering if a gen 2 swing arm will bolt onto my gen 1 bike??I want to stretch it but not spend a fortune doing so if possible. Amy suggestions would be bgreag

Why even go there? I did, it detonated eventually. Build a motor. Do it right, take your time. Get a relationship with a tuner. Understand AFR and wideband/datalogging. Take your time and learn. Understand what happens when there is a 40 degree temperature change from the original tune. Be prepared to break out your credit card and a neverending expense. Or just get a 40 shot and set up suspension and clutch and run 5.5.

Back