Martial Arts

TDawg

Registered
Anyone here interested in Martial Arts? I myself am studying for my Red Belt in the art of Shaolin American Kempo. I do like MMA but im more into the traditional MA and self defense. My wife and all my friends say I have a killer tattoo on my arm that I will show you all sometime today, right now I have to go International Sports Club and work out.

Some call me the Dragon warrior. Only some though. :laugh: There are more than a few guys here that have or are studying a martial art.

There are several benefits of training and fighting gets pushed further back as time goes on. It is funny how the harder somebody goes at it with you the faster you respond..friends etc. It is a healthy part of life.

For those of you that dont know what Shaolin American Kempo is, here is Grand Master Jim Brassard teaching some students.

- Shaolin American Kempo/Kenpo Karate Martial Arts- Jim Brassard[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Im learning BJJ and Muay Thai. but I started a couple months ago. No real skill to speak of yet.

The most important martial art is having your handgun by your side (insert sarcasm), martial arts was the thing to have 50 years ago, because people would settle things with a street fight. Now its all about murder and guns....

The most important martial art is having your handgun by your side (insert sarcasm), martial arts was the thing to have 50 years ago, because people would settle things with a street fight. Now its all about murder and guns....

True, but when someone sticks a gun in your face there are some things you can do.

"Anyone here interested in Martial Arts?"

usta be..taekwondo...then made the mistake of buying a .357 in my early 20's.

spent lots of time in Martial Arts Studio's.....and they are cool.

a couple of years ago I walked into a real fight gym, where guys are training to be pro fighters....and I will never go back to a "traditional" martial arts studio.

PS: if you are getting guns pulled on you....you not recognizing when the fight starts. Its hard to pull a gun, after you been choked until you pass out.

I've taken a very little bit of martial arts. About a year of taekwondo, and six months of boxing and Muay Thai. Since i moved I haven't trained for about a year or so. I hope to get back into Muay Thai next spring.

I was told by my Master to never talk about ones skills, whether good nor few. It is a sign of weakness of ego.

Tea anyone? :laugh:

yeah- like whatever they say...

:laugh: lol

Yeah if you are extremely skilled AND can control the flood of adrenaline that would ensue with a loaded firearm being pointed towards you.... yes you can disarm them at close range. We see it countless times in karate classes, and on t.v., but reality is a much different game.

If they are more than a few feet away with a gun there is nothing you can do.

yeah but who would win:

Mr. Han Vs. Mr. Myagi

Myagi ftw....... minus the fact the actor had absolutely no knowledge of martial arts prior to the first movie lol

Last edited:
If they are more than a few feet away with a gun there is nothing you can do.
In any situation whether you're packin' or not, I think it's more important to recognize the situation and avoidance before it escalates into a shootout/gun fight, etc.

Back