Man some peoples kids, i tell ya

The best part is I have gotten 5 phone calls today for people wanting me to give a estimate in that neighborhood.. Guess he was wrong.. Not gonna sit here and bash cops, like I said 99% are great people, and put it on the line every day and expect nothing in return.

Maybe this guy was having a bad day, who knows.

Are you certain what you were doing was legal? It's illegal in most cities around Dallas. Granted, it's not covered by state law, but most city ordinances prohibit it in order to cut down on litter.

He's really gonna like it when your big truck is parked out in front of his neighbor's yard, cutting his grass! :moon:

what he did by throwing the paper back at you is assault, you cant do anything like that, and him being a police officer should know that, he was way outta bounds, you handled it the right way..just be careful about the mailboxes and such people will take offence to you messing with their property.

Let's flip this argument over. You're the businessman - and the salesman. He's a disinterested and annoyed potential customer.

You were in the professional position. He was a person in private capacity.

It's a good thing you held your temper below the assault level, but you certainly didn't hold it to the professional level.

How about this:
"I'm sorry sir, I didn't mean to offend you. Please let me pick that up. I'm the owner of this business and some of my best leads and many current accounts have come about from me distributing flyers like this. Between you and me, I don't like doing this either, but this economy is tough and lots of people have had to cut back on services. I'm just doing this to support my family and keep my employees working and I'm proud of that. This is a really nice neighborhood and perhaps some people here will appreciate work done well at a fair price. I'll try to remember not to bother you again."

Ok, so that's a total suck up, but what it shows is respectful behavior and a professional demeanor. That's the kind of guy I'd like to hire to work on my place.

Let's flip this argument over. You're the businessman - and the salesman. He's a disinterested and annoyed potential customer.

You were in the professional position. He was a person in private capacity.

It's a good thing you held your temper below the assault level, but you certainly didn't hold it to the professional level.

How about this:
"I'm sorry sir, I didn't mean to offend you. Please let me pick that up. I'm the owner of this business and some of my best leads and many current accounts have come about from me distributing flyers like this. Between you and me, I don't like doing this either, but this economy is tough and lots of people have had to cut back on services. I'm just doing this to support my family and keep my employees working and I'm proud of that. This is a really nice neighborhood and perhaps some people here will appreciate work done well at a fair price. I'll try to remember not to bother you again."

Ok, so that's a total suck up, but what it shows is respectful behavior and a professional demeanor. That's the kind of guy I'd like to hire to work on my place.

thats pretty good ajay:thumbsup:

Back