Made some bar risers today...

Rothman

"Professional Lurker"
Registered
Well I finally got around to making some bar risers today:thumbsup:. I was originally going to make a CNC program and just knock it out that way but, I didn't feel like playing with featureCam and decided to manually machine it. It is made out of extremely hard plastic with properties close to that of phenolic. I could have made the standard barrel style bushing spacers but I think that the look of a Genmar style riser is much cleaner. Now if I can find some dam hardware I'll be set.
PictureorVideo064.jpg

PictureorVideo064.jpg

PictureorVideo066.jpg

PictureorVideo064.jpg

I went to fastenal this morning and the turds would only sell me a 50 count box so I told them to shove it. I did manage to get some at the local hardware and just finished the install. Man does this mod make a big difference! But, just as I suspected, the brake resevoir hits the windscreen and at full lock the right contrls hit it as well. The left side however clears by a mile which now has me wondering 'What the heck is the deal with my bike?'
Seems weird that only the right side would hit and the left side clears it by so much.

It is a 1" spacer BTW.

Last edited:
Do you just need the (4) bolts? Length? I also have some anti-vibration rubber grommets as well.

Nice job, Rothman. Very nice.

You can keep the reservoirs from hitting the windscreen if you rotate your levers down a bit. I actually prefer this position as it lines the handles up with my arms better and my hands are straight instead of reaching up to grab the handles.

I couldn't rotate the handles down quite as low as I wanted because the brake hose hits the riser and triple tree. Unfortunately, there is a tab cast into the reservoir where the banjo fitting attaches, so you can't rotate the banjo for more clearance. Been there, tried that. I'll file the tab back a 1/4 inch when I install SS brake lines.

I have bought 2 sets of bolts from Fastenal for riser sets... wonder what is wrong with your store... bummer..

hey where are the 'installed' pics?

Back