Lurching at around 45000 rpm...why?

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
So my 2002 has a little issue with lurching at around 4000 rpm and lower. it is a challenge to ride through town in 1st or 2nd gear with the bike bucking back and forth. Also, it is difficult to give easy throttle opening to drive out of a corner,it seems its either off or on.

I do not have a PC installed, will this help this problem? Is it just a fuel injection issue or something else? Throttle bodies need adjusting? Is it just my imagination but does it get worse,feel worse sometimes?

Help folks!!

Thanks

what year bike, whats done to it?

Yes fueling needs to be mapped if you have any mods, that would be my first guess.

check the kickstand and switch first if the kickstand is loose enough the vibration can make it move off the switch enough to make it studder like it is going to shut off.

My 2003 started doing this late last season. It is stock with 25000 km on it. I am hoping checking the valves might help. Could it be TPS possibly? What about plugged up fuel injector?

My 2003 started doing this late last season. It is stock with 25000 km on it. I am hoping checking the valves might help. Could it be TPS possibly? What about plugged up fuel injector?

I would check the fuel filter inside the tank on that one . . .:laugh:

So my 2002 has a little issue with lurching at around 4000 rpm and lower. it is a challenge to ride through town in 1st or 2nd gear with the bike bucking back and forth. Also, it is difficult to give easy throttle opening to drive out of a corner,it seems its either off or on.

I do not have a PC installed, will this help this problem? Is it just a fuel injection issue or something else? Throttle bodies need adjusting? Is it just my imagination but does it get worse,feel worse sometimes?

Help folks!!

Thanks

If you have put a pipe on it it will do this. Mine did it with the Tsukigi really bad at around 3k

I would also check the kickstand switch first. It is something easy that you could check yourself. If it is not that I would take it to a good mechanic and have a power commander or something along that line installed and dyno tuned.

Mine started this, anytime I was at or around 4000 rpm it would seem a little slugish when easy or hard acceleration was applied. I also didn't notice any difference when just accelerating through. After my research on here I have purchased a sync tool to sync the throttle bodies, I have not had any days warm enough to take a long trip but as far as around town everything seems smoother and the slugish feeling didn't seem to be there. Its supposed to get up to 47 tomorrow I'll post back and let you know what I find out.

Back