Lowering question

BUSA CRUSEN

Registered
To start off I am mechanically retarded so you know what you are dealing with. I have had my bike for over a year now but just got told by some other busa owner that mine is lowered. I never would have noticed since my busa is the only one that I am ever around (I don't ride with many other people). I went home and measured it and the ground clearance was only about 3 1/2 inches. I guess he was right since stock gc is over 4 inches. So what are all the benefits of having it lowered. I am 6'3 so I do need it to ride.

Only benefits are looks and comfort, and that is a personal choice. At your height you'de probably benefit from it being at stock height, or even an inch higher which lets the bike tip into corners better.
Look at the lower links(the bars on each bottom side of the the rear shock)if they are straight metal bars then they are stock, or non adjustable lowering links.
If they are adjustable they will be threaded rods with a nut to turn, or the straight metal bars only with 1 or 2 extra and empty holes next to where they bolt to the shock or swingarm.

Mine is lowered and love it except the fact it hits speed bumps occasionally.Great for drag racing, not so good for handling but I thought it cornered fairly well before I stretched it.

If you are able to ride it fine the way it is,then I wouldn't worry about it. I'm also 6'3" and mine is lowered for the look. Ride it and enjoy it.

Lol my bike is so low I drag my foot if I'm not careful lol, Chances are that it is lowered on adjustable dog bones its 2 bolts to put it back to stock if that's the case.

leave it lowered. its looks 100x's better that way.

ill put it this way, if nobody told you it was lowered you STILL wouldnt know.

Back