Lowering link help

NiTrowood

Donating Member
Registered
Man I got my links and went out and set it up to switch out to the lowering links for a 2" drop but man nothing I got could crack them bolts loose...I used my Ingersol 1/2 drive impact and it never moved...whats the best and easiest way?

Crank up the pressure as high as you can! Or try a 4 - foot breaker bar! Those suckers are on there!

I cranked up the pressure on my torque wrench and they broke away pretty easily.

I just had the same problem
I broke two extensions, I tried an impact, I even heated it.
the top one came off using a long pipe to get some leverage

the bottom one !!!!! I cut a big notch off the nut and tried to peel the nut off... It's that damn thread lock suzuki uses. they need to use a lower grade.

anyways i ended up cutting the bolt and getting a new one from a tracktor supply store.

yeah i think i am gonna get a couple new stainless fasteners from Fastenal...then do what i got to to remove them...

<!--EDIT|NiTrowood
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147832605 -->

Just out of curiosity, did you put the bike on a stand and then a jack under the back tire to remove some of the tension off the bolts?

Just out of curiosity, did you put the bike on a stand and then a jack under the back tire to remove some of the tension off the bolts?
+1... when we did LadyHawks we just used the jack to take the pressure of the bolts and was able to break them loose with good ol' fashion elbow grease~
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|GJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147865499 -->

Suspended as recommended...turns out my Impact gun was under powered with air...I used the Torque wrench and it worked great...she is stylin 2" lower now!!!! Thanks for the help!!

<!--EDIT|NiTrowood
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148166577 -->

Back