Lowering and stretching advise

smcvay

Registered
I just purchased my first Busa and would like some advise on lowering and stretching it. I like the look of a lowered and stetched Busa, so my question is how much will it compromise the handling. My bike it an 09 and I'm looking to lower the rear 2" and extend the rear swingarm 4 to 6 inches.

I'm in the process of doing mine now, got a Mcintosh 6 over arm, brocks clutch mod, got adj link from sae (sponsor) and tree off eBay for 100... Bring the front down a inch and a half and back maybe 3 inchs, I'll adj as I need to get right look,

I think lowered and stretched Busa's look great..... But it KILLS your handling. If you do a lot of highway and straight road riding it's no biggie, but if you like hitting the twisties it's gonna slow ya down. It all comes down to preference and riding styles. Best of luck! :beerchug:

Here is what I did. I lowered the front end 1 inch with the soupy's lowering kit. The rear is lowered 2 inches I believe. Its on the middle hole. I stretched the bike 9 inches as well. Surprisingly the handling is still really good. I'm still able to carve corners pretty well. Only issue I have is traction issues. Im a light guy, and with the stretch there isnt enough weight on the rear tire so when I hammer it in first and second, I spin the tire. But handling wise you will be fine. I stuck with the stock 190 rear as well, if you go over 200 then you can count on destroying the handling of the bike. But with a 6-9 inch stretch and lowering the front 1 inch, and the rear 2" then you will be fine.

difference is extremly noticable when slow turning (previous 1 point turns become 3, 3 point 5, etc) and more so in real twisties... and speed bumps and speed humps become the bane of your life while riding...

god forbid you have any rough train tracks....

I love my bike, but being slammed and stretched is a pain when there are inclines to deal with... I have to back the bike into the garage or it wont clear the lip, go up my driveway sideways and slowly...

Be prepared for the bad that comes with the good..

I have an 08 and did what you are talking about. 1" lower in the front, and roughly 2" in the back w/a 6" extension. The only problem that I ran into is under hard acceleration, the rear squats and my tire rubed a hole in the tail.

The handling changes completely, but the trade off is worth it imo.

IMAG0274-1.jpg

I agree. mine is an inch in the front and 2 in the rear, stretched 6. totally worth it. but yes, easy to feel the differance when ur tryin to throw all that weight around. ya gotta put a lil more effort into it than ya did b4.

Busa.jpg

Back