lowerd busa

gilcane

Registered
right now my 2006 busa is lowerd to the second hole on my dog bones, when it was stock height i could do power wheelies in first by getting ahead of the rpms at 5000 and rolling on throttle and it would come up. since i lowerd it i have to hold it at 6000 and roll on hard smooth but hard. if i drop one tooth in the front will it help bringing it up at less rpms and a lower speed, just looking to do some floaters not riding them for any distance. nice and smooth power wheelies 1-2 feet off the ground at slower speeds

Yup,either go down in front or you can put on a 42-43 out back and she'll come up a lot easier.
your indicated speed will be off when changing sprockets

What he said. Doing the rear sproket is easier. Going down 1 in front is like going up 2 1/2 in the rear.

i lowerd my bike and went with 16/42, in third gear it wouldnt wheelie, it just broke the rear tire loose...never mind 1st and 2nd...but it depends on how you bring the power on, just keep that in mind.

(frisbee @ Nov. 15 2006,17:07) What he said. Doing the rear sproket is easier.
Another advantage of doing the rear is it'll shorten the wheelbase slightly, giving you better ability of getting it up.

Back