LOW SPEED STUMBLE-SURGE

AQUADIOSMED

Registered
IS THIS A "FUEL FILTER" PROBLEM???

BETWEEN 1800-3200 RPMS HAVE INCREASING STUMBLE-SURGE PROBLEM AT LOW SPEED ...

Put fuel injector cleaner in the gas and about 75 % of the problem was eliminated ...

started new tank ... without the additive ... the problem is slowly returning,

When the dealer replaced the cam chain tensioner he lold me my frame # 3777 did not qualify for the filter-screen replacement ...

is that still true???

have any suggestions???

Alan

Most likely it is the screens. Has the idle gotten rougher? Ever die at idle? Backfire more on closed throttle? Some of the other symptoms commonly noted.
Your ser.# is well after the changeover to the new style screens, which was at approx. #2600. So was mine, Ser. # 3635, and it plugged solid at 7500 miles. They definitely didn't solve the problem.

After screaming at my dealer for awhile, I got him to replace the filters at no cost to me.He intended to try to get Suzuki to reimburse him. HAH! They are trying to ignore a major, dangerous problem.

I'm going to start running RedLine Injector cleaner through it now and then. Maybe it'll help.

There is a lot of info on this problem on this board, on the Mods board, and the Problems board. Check them out and download what you need. It makes a powerful argument in your favor.

SLOW HAND:

My busa has just under 7300 miles ...
how did yours do with the "additive"???

Mine improved ... dealer said it has to repeat the problem for warranty ... advised me to use no more additive for filter screen replacement...

Alan

I am going to get my service managers honest opinion on the fuel screen issue as well as some of the other problems some of the guys have been experiencing. I recently purchased a Blue / Silver Busa and may be able to get a better understanding of how Suzuki feels about problems concerning my BUSA, and their intentions on handling this (if it is a problem). One on the main reasons I went ahead a bought the 1300 was Suzuki will not hesitate to "recall" a problem and corrent it . We all know the ZX-11 (#3) rod bearing problem and the fact that Kaw "NEVER" took care of it. The Busa even in its (2nd) year "May or May Not" have some bugs to figure out and I am (100%) positive that Suzuki will always "do the right thing".
I'm am letting my service department do all the chain adjustments at the proper intervals to see if there is a problem with the chains integrity. Will let you guys know as soon as I do on "ANY" information or situations I may encounter on the service of my Busa.

Michael Lee
(704) 394-6666
Team Charlotte Motorsports
Suzuki / Kawasaki / KTM

And that goes for the ZX-12R as well because I will probably purchase one as well, I just have to see one first . . . .

clean it all.and replace filter it will not look clogged but will be shelacked looking.use the inj. clnr.from then on its deturgents will do the rest and watch for the pinching of the fuel lines by the crank case vent when you lower your tank.i got rid of that black breather box and i dont vant into airbox.ram air crank breather whats with that crap?

M-Head:
how often do you use the additive and how much do you use ... the amount recommended by manufacturer, or more???

also, did you replace all filters including injector filters???

Back