Lost my virginity

i see fork seals in your future danielson
laugh.gif

The first gear wheelies don't do anything for me but I love the 2nd and 3rd gear power wheelies!!!

The first gear wheelies don't do anything for me but I love the 2nd and 3rd gear power wheelies!!!
Still haven't tried those. Are they easeir or harder to do?
they may be easier to do, but you're going to be going at a higher rate of speed...

if you bite it, it's gonna be a rough one....
Thanks for the advice and as right as you are it is sometimes hard to fight that itch. But for now i will stick to first gear wheelies until I am comfortable enough to try the second gear ones.

cool.gif

Okay, Since I don't yet have a Busa I will have to tell about my non-Busa wheelie story.

Way back in the early '80s I had a Yamaha Seca 750 and a friend had a Kawasaki 750. He was always talking crap about how is bike would eat my Seca in the quarter. So one Sunday we took our weekly trip to the Rock Store in southern California. It was that day that I finally gave my buddy a chance to show me up.

We came to the spot where they have a quarter mile marked on the road. Of course there are a lot of other bikers nearby waiting to see the races.

We were at the line when they dropped the flag. I wanted to beat my friend so bad that I revved it up and popped the clutch. I came off the line doing a wheelie and rode it about ten feet before coming down. That's when the fun begins. I didn't realize that I drifted out of the lane and into oncoming traffic. When the bike touched down there was a car headed right for me. It all seem to happen in slow motion and I remember seeing the faces of the people in the car. I guarantee that they all messed their pants. By the grace of God I made it around them and still beat my friend. He never again talked about my Seca.

I came really close to dying doing the 2nd gear wheelie. When the front wheel touched down it washed out. I hit the road at 100mph. I went through 2 surgerys on my clutch hand, concussion, and a CAR ran over my ankle and broke it. I know I should have learned but I STILL do em. Its all about throttle control.

I came really close to dying doing the 2nd gear wheelie. When the front wheel touched down it washed out. I hit the road at 100mph. I went through 2 surgerys on my clutch hand, concussion, and a CAR ran over my ankle and broke it. I know I should have learned but I STILL do em. Its all about throttle control.
Dayum! Thanks for scaring the crap out of me on trying to do 2nd gear wheelies. I will stay with my first gear bunny hops for now until I get better.

Okay, I gave in to temptation today.
sad.gif
I was practicing my threshold braking and it happened...

Just got it to about 25 and cracked it open. Touch down was a bit rough from a whopping 8:00 or so position and I don't want to replace fork seals anytime soon. I'm sure I could get back into it, but the reason I went Busa instead of litre was to avoid the temptation of doing wheelies... all the time.  
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131932908 -->

Back