Longer throttle cable

hierog

Registered
Another question about the used 03 Busa I just bought . . .  the previous owner put bar risers on it and I noticed when I turn the bars right, the throttle cable gets tight and it revs the RPMS up about 500 or so.  I tried calling my local Suzuki dealer and they want me to find out the brand of the risers so they (or I) can contact them to see if they sell an aftermarket cable
Isn't it easy enough to just order another cable say 2" longer from Suzuki?
Maybe i'm missing the boat, but the dealer seemed to be kind of miffed about trying to get a cable for me.
thanks

vic

<!--EDIT|hierog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127362428 -->

first try loosening the adjusters on the cables first...and then the second thing to try is taking the cables out from under ther loop ring at the streering neck.

I have both HELI bars and a genmar riser....giving me about 2" of hieght....and the stock cables are plenty long!

I have the Genmar 1 1/4" riser on mine. If you are turning the bars to the right, the throttle cable should be getting slack, not tight.   I had to re-route the choke cable, but no problem with the throttle cable being too tight.  Take a closer look at the cables.  If the choke cable is still routed behind the tripple tree, reroute it around the front.

I've removed the stickers since those pics
biggrin.gif

sorry, i did mean when turning to the left!! you are correct, it is the choke cable and it is running behind the triple tree. i'll check it out tonight

man, you guys are the best!

vic

Disconnect the "choke" cable. It isn't a true choke anyway.

--Wag--

I had the Heli Bars on my busa for a couple of days... the length of the sccelrator cable seemed sufficient to me!! I presume your cable must not be routed properly, there by restricting the play of the throtle. I suggest you check that out first!

Back