Limit of Gen 1 stock injectors? HP- PSI- stage 1

The fuel system is the limiting factor, we have made over 300 hp on stock injectors... Volume Is The Key..

The fuel system is the limiting factor, we have made over 300 hp on stock injectors... Volume Is The Key..

We have done it also, but that is the max, IMO. The stock injectors are solid to around 280 rhwp with an fmu. The thing to keep in mind - especially on a turbo - is that you don't really want things maxed out - it makes more sense to be in the middle, where duty cycles and fuel pressures are more reasonable. And I agree with GC on volume, and have seen it demonstrated - sometimes more pressure creates nothing but more turbulence. This applies not only to fueling, but to oiling as well. If you use your head, you won't be running on the "edge" . . . :rulez:

Thanks for the feedback guys, what would be the next step up from stock injectors to be in the "middle of the duty cycles"? and also the next step up from a BEGI FMU rising rate regulator?

My plan is to set it up for 2 maps, 1.- 7 psi on pump gas, 2. - 10 to 15 psi on C-16/race fuel.

Frank - this is Frank in Stamford that bought the Hahn header from you, still waiting on parts to complete my chassis so I am collecting other parts and information to try and get this right.

Thanks for the feedback guys, what would be the next step up from stock injectors to be in the "middle of the duty cycles"? and also the next step up from a BEGI FMU rising rate regulator?

My plan is to set it up for 2 maps, 1.- 7 psi on pump gas, 2. - 10 to 15 psi on C-16/race fuel.

Frank - this is Frank in Stamford that bought the Hahn header from you, still waiting on parts to complete my chassis so I am collecting other parts and information to try and get this right.

Going to 62 pound primary injectors with a 1:1 regulator will get you over 300, probably 325+ . . . keep in mind your ecu should be flashed properly for this to compensate for this change . . . and even though you can get the larger injectors to fit into the stock rail, a larger volume billet rail would not be a bad idea . . .:laugh:

Back