Like It Or Not

HoboJoe

Registered
Here's the deal Cowboys. A thread regarding someone's getting Heat for riding gets a ton of responses. All well and good. Even I chimed in. I post " Some Gave All" and it gets one, that's 1, single, solitary response. My Thanks to that Man. Has nothing to do with me but everything to do with our focus. Looked all over this Board, not a single mention from anyone regarding "Memorial Day" or why we have it. Waited all weekend for that. Not one. Don't misunderstand, as an American you have the Right to do and say and act as you wish, or not. That's because of All giving Some and Some giving All. Take it as you wish. It's been a sore spot with me for years now. I'm not here to massage anyone's Ego when it comes to this sort of thing. If we paid the same degree of attention to our Bikes, as we do to this sort of thing, they'd fall apart from under us......just as America is!

I'm not an American HoboJoe but my Son lives in Colorado and I get to visit once a year to see him and his family and I know how patriotic you Americans are with the Stars and Stripes flying everywhere you go and I love it. I wish the English were as patriotic (we are when our backs are against the wall but not in everyday life sadly) and I am as surprised as you at the lack of response to your thread. Service men and women of both our countries (and ex service men and women), especially those who have fallen or been injured protecting us, deserve every respect!

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/memorial-day.65930

Like It Or Not ~^~ use our search engine . . .

e4845aaf0404563-jpg.70597.jpg

Hey Joe, I'm not in any way trying to start an argument, just put a little different perspective on this sort of thing. My grandfather and his brothers had front line service in WWII and Korea, my father served in some gnarly stuff in Nam, and I got my turn in the first gulf war although not front line stuff. I'm currently dating a gold star widow from our current crusade, so I think I'm intimately familiar with the whole reason for Memorial Day on some level. With that being said, my granddad told me that while he appreciated our country's support, one day out of the year really didn't matter much. Kinda like a bad marriage, if the rest of the year sucks, a big Valentine's day isn't going to make it better. I couldn't be more proud to be an American, and for my family's contributions, but watching the president lay a wreath one day a year doesn't much matter to my family. That's just my thoughts on it, and my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it. Drive safe brother!

Memorial Day was on another motorcycle forum that has more traffic then here . Many remember , but SO MANY do not even know .
I made this yesterday early a.m. on my drive in to 1st service call .

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back