Let me get this straight

Wow, priceless is right. I'm all for a good clean debate. Yes I get passionate about my beliefs but bashing another member because of their opinion is not right.

Way to go Captain, I suppose there are days where it is good to be king.

Okay, so who got the boot?

I know I can be a pot-stirrer, but at the end of the day it is a sad day when it goes this far.

and curious if you would have done the same thing? (the boot)

Without knowing ALL of the back & forth over the conversation between the said person & Cap, it is hard to say. However, looking at some of Cap's statements that leads me to believe that there was a pretty heated exchange, some of which was probably relayed through PM's. To that end, if I own the board then I don't have to put up with anyone disrespecting me, so then you get the boot.

I do not think that I have offended anyone "personally" with any of my statements. I think in this case things did get personal, hence action was taken.

I pick and choose when to interject on certain things around here. When it comes down to this political theme, the numbers (on this board) are the numbers. No use in fighting them to the point you become offensive.

Hope that answered your question.

There was never a personal attack made, everything was on the up and up on the forums....

Wow, priceless is right. I'm all for a good clean debate. Yes I get passionate about my beliefs but bashing another member because of their opinion is not right.

Way to go Captain, I suppose there are days where it is good to be king.

Fair minded open debate, and the expression of another's ideas OR beliefs I'm all for it...

When things develop into disrespect OR intolerance, I draw the line...

We just have to balance between free speech and censorship. When I get several people making comments to me that it is getting out of hand and a person is posting in every political thread and only one or two busa threads then we need to step in. He was never disrespectful but it was becoming more obvious that his mind could not be swayed. I'm all for a good conversation but at some point you have to just stop and say enough is enough. I was not going to change his mind and he wasn't going to change mine... the threads should stop at that point.

CAp

We just have to balance between free speech and censorship. When I get several people making comments to me that it is getting out of hand and a person is posting in every political thread and only one or two busa threads then we need to step in. He was never disrespectful but it was becoming more obvious that his mind could not be swayed. I'm all for a good conversation but at some point you have to just stop and say enough is enough. I was not going to change his mind and he wasn't going to change mine... the threads should stop at that point.

CAp

Cap..

We might need to get back to those age old political debates like .......
Who's bikes are faster, Suzuki OR Kawasaki !!!... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: OR Who make the best beer !!

Have to say, I'm torn being a Busa owner, and also owning many very fast Kawis..... Cant forget I love Carona beer !!!

Boulevard Brewing Co. Kansas City Mo

Quite a few great choices from these guys!

And Harleys are the fastest ......................

To the shop!!

Back