Leather Drag pants for Big People

Busa Jules

Little blue pill, M.Ed.
Donating Member
Registered
Any good suggestions for leather pants that come in something larger than a 36 inch waist? I gave up looking for girl pants... they think we are all size 3's but what are your suggestions... and at a decent price.

Bates would be HAPPY to make me a pair for about $800!!!
SHOCKED.gif

I have a First Gear jacket that I love and ICON fits like DooDoo..

What is your suggestion?

Check out newenough.com and cyclegear.com.

While most of the stuff is going to be more road race oriented, it will work fine at the drag strip. Alpinestars, Joe Rocket and Dianese all make sizes much larger than 36.

I haven’t seen any First Gear race apparel. With that new bike, make sure you get some gear that is high quality, race approved. You will need a full zipper to attach a two piece so you may run into some issues matching zippers on pants/jacket.

Bates are nice and some of the best drag racing leathers out there. Yep, $800 and a long wait.

Don’t skimp on the gear though. If the price of new scares you, check out closeout and new. I found the two set I bought on ebay… used…… You just have to be very careful what you are buying. The set I bought had only been used once or twice and was in like new shape.

I also highly suggest an jacket with an inset for one of the newer back protectors. Not just a piece of foam but a high quality piece. I’m using the Dainese Wave G

My feeling is that if I can not afford good safety equipment, I don’t have any business racing.

wave_g1_g2.jpg

I found a place on E-bay that makes pants I'm going to check out (and unfortunately "websense" blocks e-bay at work) but I can't remember the name... and checking out www.newenough.com they seem to have some cool stuff....

My jacket does have a rigid back (which sometimes makes me look like a linebacker) protector.

Should my pants have add'l knee protection? (the ones I've seen look like knee dragger types) The pros suits don't have any armor in the knees.....
rock.gif

Back