KOA campgrounds

Discussion in 'Places to stay Hotels / Motels' started by frisbee, Dec 8, 2010.

1. frisbee

frisbee GODSPEED RACING Donating Member

You can find them all over the counrty , very reasonable . they have campsites , cabins ,laundry , pools and some have hot tubs . this is the one I stayed at this year for Sturgis

Attached Files:

2. ogre

ogre Call me Liberace! Registered

45 bucks a night for a cabin, 5-10 bucks per person for a campsite and shower access

3. VFRcanada

VFRcanada Registered

I know this is a dumb question but what does KOA stand for?

4. Black Sheep

Black Sheep They call me Baaah! Donating Member

I had to know, so I looked it up.
    [FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]Kampgrounds of America has been providing quality family camping to travelers from around the world for the past 48 years.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1] [​IMG]
    DAVE DRUM [/SIZE][/FONT]​
    [FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]In those nearly five decades, the familiar yellow KOA sign has welcomed millions of campers to the 475 KOA Kampground locations throughout the United States and Canada.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]KOA is proud of the role it plays in fulfilling the American dream - the freedom to travel anywhere you want, anytime you want.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]KOA’s success story is a great story on many levels. Here’s how it all began:[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]The year was 1962. As Billings, Montana businessman Dave Drum walked his cottonwood-shaded land along the Yellowstone River, he watched baggage-laden cars and RVs zip down U.S. 10 on the way west to the Seattle World’s Fair.[/SIZE][/FONT]

5. redmaiev04

redmaiev04 Registered

Thumbs for KOA :thumbsup: ! It is a great place to spend quality time with your family plus it has all the amenities you need for that vacation getaway.

6. frisbee

frisbee GODSPEED RACING Donating Member

I use them ALL over the country !
    ::4

7. GIXERHP

GIXERHP ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish... Donating Member

They are great, i have stayed with them in several states!
    Jen's parents own one in Gettysburg Pa!

8. theshnizzle

theshnizzle Rainbow of Skittles Registered

Maybe it's just me but I have found that thier prices are kinda high for just tent camping. Compared to State parks I guess. I HAVE stayed at several KOA but they seem to run about 25 a night and up! just for tent camping, compared to about 13 to 16 or the top end 20 bucks for a state park.

Yes, they are always clean ect but if you don't need all the extras, I prefer to not pay for it.

Anyway....Herkimer was quite nice, tent site backing right onto the river, Lake Placid is really nice too, close to everything and a fab lodge, Buckeye Lake I had a tent site way away from everyone, awesome, Parry Sound in Canada was terrible, don't ask,....Butler was far off the highway and thier camp store had nothing in it, it's a small campground, the most " rustic" KOA I stayed in.

I stayed at a couple in PA that I can't remeber where they were, but I remeber they were ok....anybody else want to chime in?

9. racerV

racerV Did you say something? Donating Member

Thier prices are high and they do not negotiate. When I stay at a campground, it usually for an extended period of time, KOA usually wants triple of what I can pay elsewhere.

10. sideswipe

sideswipe Registered

I get a discount with my Allstate towing coverage if anyone ever needs to use it.

11. :whistle: wait, let me guess.....Custer SD. koa. aka Rushmore KOA.
    :thumbs:

did you hang out in the water park?

am i right? do i win?:laugh:

don't do the KOA in Casper, Stay at Ft. Casper. much nicer. (or my place:rofl:)

12. john19smith86

john19smith86 Registered