kinked fuel return line

Status
Not open for further replies.

OB_Billy V

Registered
I finally had the fuel petcock done last week because of a back order on the part.When the tech lifted the tank he showed me the return line had a serious kink in it ,this was concealed by the spring.He rerouted the line behind the one that comes down from the air box.I have ordered a new line because of the severity of the kink.Has anyone else has this problem.

I have been under the tank before but never made a close inspection of this line,those springs conceal a lot!I also installed some stainless hose clamps on the fuel lines just in case.

Had exactly the same problem on mine. Big kink (which closed the line completely as the rubber got soft with the heat of the engine)causing cut-outs. I was lucky that the kink was close enough to the metalwork that a little application with a pair of pliers and a knife I could cut the kinked section off and replace the rest of the hose. Cut-out problem cured, though it still bogs down when hot and I'm braking hard. Trying to get my dealer to do the fuel filter mod with no success yet.

[This message has been edited by Tangram (edited 24 April 2000).]

There is a bulletin that says how to route it correctly.
This is for 99 only.If you were under the tank you could have shifted it without knowing it

wow. look what I found:laugh:

Im loving the new org. features more and more all the time :cheerleader:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back