Kickstand at trackday?? Need Advice

Raise the rear 1"!

I agree with the other post, just you butt off the seat as well as your torso. I also never had an issue at the track, but the rear was raised!

I have gone to the track since this thread. I left the kickstand on. only changes to bike were bt003 tires vs bt016 and went with 155 instead of 150 .only changes to me was getting one cheek off the seat and finally getting pucks to act as feelers ( which is pretty much the suggestions) results were a lot better as far as scraping goes-nothing- also had more fun at the track. We will be gathering on march 31-april1st EAGLES CANYON RACEWAY in decatur texas... to open riding season. Busawhipped and others will be coming down. ALL our welcome. Thanks for the input - much appreciated. :thumbup:

You are off the bike for sure. Your knee should be hitting well before the hard parts. Sounds like from your last post you are getting it sorted out. Good for you working the track. How do you feel about how much you've learned riding the track? Share your thoughts....

Yep thats me.

Kickstand? Are you sure it wasn't bent to start with?
I still run a kick stand on my trackbike and scraped the pegs and fairings, but never the kick stand...

Busatrack4.jpg

I have a question? You guys on here running the busa as a track bike, how are the times compared to the 600's, 750's and 1000's. I have a 2003 gsxr 1000 trackbike but have been contiplating going with a busa for this upcoming season. How well does it do going into and out of turns...

I have a question? You guys on here running the busa as a track bike, how are the times compared to the 600's, 750's and 1000's. I have a 2003 gsxr 1000 trackbike but have been contiplating going with a busa for this upcoming season. How well does it do going into and out of turns...

Depends on the racetrack and the rider. The Busa can out accelerate just about anything on the track, on tracks with wide sweepers and long straights the Busa can hold it's own and spank some serious butt. But, the Busa WILL NOT outbrake those other bikes, so on tracks with a lot of tight turns and short straights you are at a disadvantage. Both TwoBrothers and I still have our Busa's, but we both ride 1K's on the track.

After riding 25 years of riding street bikes I can say track riding has given me a chance to truly experience riding to the Fullest...I am seriously addicted to the track days. Did approximately 5 last summer....and it seems like it just gets more fun. The whole kickstand thing...I dont know...it was scraped a bit..the turn was a serious incline that I was flying over in a lean...is it possible that did not happen at track and tower heard something else scraping...maybe....the last track day I was scraping knees in half the turns and had no bike scraping...so something improved. I have learned something new at each and every track day...and it gives me the chance to ride my bike (IMO) the way IT SHOULD BE RODE. Will I get a designated track bike...uh yea more than likely..:D for now I will try to master the Busa on the Track! Really hope I get a chance to broaden to other tracks like heartland and barber. Thanks guys for insight. :thumbup:

Back