kanji Sysmbol and all decals on the BUSA?

FAKK2

Registered
Are all the Decals from the kanji Symbol to the HayaBusa to the GSX1300R removable or are they clear coated OVER? If their removale how peel off or what?

<!--EDIT|HayaBusa Knight
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095714109 -->

Yes they are removable...
Very carefully...

I just got the wife to get her nails under them, I'm a nail biter, and peel off slow
and evenly~ I took off all but the Kanji symbol~ Then I used WD40 to get all the
sticky residue left behind~ Washed it and put a coat of polish on it~
cool.gif

All except the tank decal are removeable. The best technique I found is to CAREFULLY heat the decal with a heat gun, lift one edge of the decal, then CAREFULLY peel off while occassionally fanning the area with the heat gun to keep things warm. I emphasize "carefully" because it's very possible to bubble the paint if you apply too much heat. The area should be kept warm almost, but not quite, to the point of being hot. To remove the spooge left behind, I use Honda Spray Polish (an absolutely marvelous product) in conjunction with the heat gun. I spray on the polish, heat it up, and work the area gently with my fingernail. Wipe the area with a clean cloth, and repeat to get any spooge you missed on the first go. Finish up with a coat of wax, and you're off to the races.

Back