Just got a busa has some issues

CarGoWOT

Registered
So when I go to ride it, in first gear it wants to be very boggish and not that responsive to small throttle jestures. So it feels like it is cutting out or about to stall. Then when it gets going and I pull up to the light sometimes, it wants to idle as high as 1900 but it does 1250-1300 on start up and all the other times. Then when I go in wide open throttle in 2nd gear about 8-9000 rpm the bike lags 2 times like it just stops accelerating and then picks back up again.
To me it sounds like it is out of tune, or it could be spark plugs I am new to the Busa so I have no clue. It is an 06 with 8000 miles and the tires on it looks like it has been on a track.
What do I do besides returning it to its previous owner :lol:

Get out the owners manual and do all the recommended maintenance. I suspect the bike has not been used much for some time prior to your getting it so be sure to give the fuel system a good cleaning. :welcome:aboard and good luck:beerchug:

Oh by the way...

:worthless:

why do you need pics?

Hayabusa.JPG

Does it have a PCIII? Also verify if it has a K&N Filter, Airbox Mod. TRE, etc. As far as I can see in your pic, you got D&D exhaust. Is it a dual or single? Maybe you will have to download a map for the PCIII if you have one.

Welcome!

Try charging the battery and measure the voltage.
It should be 12.7 volts. If it is below 12.5 volts the bike will not start or will run poorly (the injectors need this voltage to fire).
Check back and let us know what you find.

Hey gotta love that white LE!

nice bike and good luck with your problem. Maybe you should ask the last owner nine out ten he knows what's wrong with it and just didn't want to fix it
Posted via Mobile Device

It doesn't seem like the battery is having any issues cranking it, but I will look into it. I did e-mail the previous owner I will see if he has any insight. Thanks for the ideas

Back