Just doubled my riding range!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
From stock KTM 2 gallon to 4 gallons! It even came with a petcock that has a reserve option. Tomorrow Scott (Isiahstites) and I are going WAY OUT in the boondocks, this should help (along with cold drinking water and snacks). First shot is last week with small tank, the rest are in my driveway just after big tank install. Doyle

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Good thing you have a carry bag on the front as you WILL need those drinks and snacks
for sure with a range like that.

:thumbsup:

Another Hayabusa/525EXC owner, cool! I have an 07 525EXC with a few mods. Stock tank on now, I have a 3.3 gal tank just in case. Lucky you, looks like you have lots of places to ride out there. Pretty flat and straight here in Iowa.

I need to get my KTM out and ride more this summer.

UPDATE....Scott and I just got back, 78 degrees and SIXTY MILES of backcountry, Scott has a helmet cam video and will edit it and post later. SO MUCH FUN and some really steep hillclimbs! Doyle

Nice video, the 2 stroke sound reminded me of my old Husky. Looks like a skid plate is a good idea? Making me jealous guys.

Nice video, the 2 stroke sound reminded me of my old Husky. Looks like a skid plate is a good idea? Making me jealous guys.

5 years ago, you could not have told me that, at 66 yrs old, I'd be riding an aggressive KTM dirtbike pretty hard on weekends and enjoying it as much as the Busa in the twisties! I'd forgot how much dirtbiking skillz help you be a much better street rider (obstacles, powersliding, diving into berms, etc.) what a fun sport if you imbed it with protection and safety! All the safety gear on a dirtbike is every bit as important as gear is on the street.

Back