Just checking in after the Holidays

black954

Registered
I haven't been too active lately cause of the hoildays and a hectic work schedule. My awesome GF got me an AGV XR2 Rossi replica helmet that i've wanted for a while now.
I managed to install my Ohlins steering damper that I had to modify to fit my PMR top clamp. No big deal, just some handy work with a burr motor and it fits like a glove. God I missed having one. My normal riding style is to have the Ohlins cranked up so the bars are difficult to rotate and I don't know how I rode the busa for 10 months without it.
I went for a ride this afternoon, but Chicago weather won. I left it was sunny and 30, and 20 minutes later it's overcast and starts to snow. I had to turn around, but it was still nice to get out. (on a side note, the Pirelli Diablo's were awesome in the cold and only broke loose under hard throttle)
Lastly, I bought myself a 2000 Cadillac Escalade as a late Christmas present to myself. I wasn't looking for an Escalade, but rather a Tahoe or Suburban. I found the Escalade for a great deal and it only has 41,000 miles on it. It also has 2007 Escalade 18" chrome wheels and tires and was elderly owned. It is MINT in and out. I'm thinking of a Whipple supercharger to give it a little extra get up and go.

helmet_1.JPG

A Wipple screwcharger. Sweet. I was looking for a EXT version. Even spotted a few with the screwcharger. Oh so tempting. Then started thinking about my truck being paid off in about 18 months. I want the payments gone for a few years.

Nice Lid ! An Escalade with 18 " rims that was elderly owned .......SWEET !
laugh.gif

(06BUSA @ Jan. 07 2007,15:23) A Wipple screwcharger. Sweet. I was looking for a EXT version. Even spotted a few with the screwcharger. Oh so tempting. Then started thinking about my truck being paid off in about 18 months. I want the payments gone for a few years.
That was the worst part. I haven't had a car payment in 3 years and though it's only $300 a month, it was still a little bit of a shock. I didn't want the newer Escalade cause they are all AWD and that just sucks down the gas. The way it is, I get around 18 mpg in 2wd so that's good. Plus it has the 3.73 limited slip rearend and towing package, so I can tow a trailer.

(Warputer @ Jan. 07 2007,15:53) Nice Lid ! An Escalade with 18 " rims that was elderly owned .......SWEET !
laugh.gif
I bought it from a big Cadillac dealer and they installed the wheels. They are brand spankin new which updated the look alot.

Back