Just bought my Busa, now I need mod it.

JoeSupra

Registered
Just bought my Busa, now I need to mod it.

Just picked up a 2011 busa in pearlwhite. Heres the mods I want to do. Please chime in if you have any input on these parts.

Voodoo 4into1 exhuast

Intake filter (k&n or bike masters?)

Roaring toyz 5 hole lowering link

All Things Chrome triple tree in black with engraved symbol and busa symbol

ATC swing arm extension blocks kit in black

ATC chrome 2inch kickstand in black

ATC stiffer shock rear spring for lowered bikes

ATC pegmount lisence plate bracket in black.

I want to lower the bike 1.5 - 2inches and stetch it 4-6 inches. Is that to low? Is that everything I need to do so? Let me know what you guys think. I appreciate it guys.

voodoo is not good. try brocks
only go out 4 in with extensions. or you may bottom out under tail with lowering. you do not need a stiffer shock. just adjust the stock one. unless your 300 lbs.

voodoo is not good. try brocks
only go out 4 in with extensions. or you may bottom out under tail with lowering. you do not need a stiffer shock. just adjust the stock one. unless your 300 lbs.

I like the voodo for the sound/loudness, im not trying to go for power here even though any exhaust should net alil power due to not being restrictive. I was told to go with the spring if I ride with a passenger. And no im not 300lbs , 160 is more like it. Lol How do I adjust the stock spring?

you dont need the spring being that light. the voodoo will make you lose power. i know been there done that. If you are stretching the bike dont lower the rear...it will natural drop a bit with the stretch. You may nee dto drop the frt a little though. You dont need to change spring at your weight unless your passenger weighs 200+

you dont need the spring being that light. the voodoo will make you lose power. i know been there done that. If you are stretching the bike dont lower the rear...it will natural drop a bit with the stretch. You may nee dto drop the frt a little though. You dont need to change spring at your weight unless your passenger weighs 200+
Ok ill save on the spring but i like how the voodoo sounds. I dont see how you lose power though. Specially if I get it tuned. Also I was told the bike will sit higher naturally when stretching and your saying its goin to be lower.

Can't find any performance information on the full voodoo exhaust. The Brocks short street meg or alien head will produce the same sound you like but will also add 12 to 15 RWHP.

Why are you going with the K& N filter ?

You'll need a longer chain. I suggest EKZ

Voodoo wont make you lose power over stock. But i have checked into exhaust and i called everyone (owner's) and brock short meg is the way to go. the short meg's baffle is removable and alien head the baffle is non-removable. short meg also offers a way to bring the noise down a little and it put's out the same hp. B rad talked me into dropping the coin. its alot of money but with big gains.

Can't find any performance information on the full voodoo exhaust. The Brocks short street meg or alien head will produce the same sound you like but will also add 12 to 15 RWHP.

Why are you going with the K& N filter ?

You'll need a longer chain. I suggest EKZ
I honestly dont know whats a good intake to use. I know anythin is better then stock. I think they use that chain in those kits.

Voodoo wont make you lose power over stock. But i have checked into exhaust and i called everyone (owner's) and brock short meg is the way to go. the short meg's baffle is removable and alien head the baffle is non-removable. short meg also offers a way to bring the noise down a little and it put's out the same hp. B rad talked me into dropping the coin. its alot of money but with big gains.

Ill do some more research even though I already know brocks is the way to go. I just cant see spending that much on just an exhaust. I heard voodoo is the loudest there is for a streetbike and for the price of $600 I think its my best bet.

Re: Just bought my Busa, now I need to mod it.

Just picked up a 2011 busa in pearlwhite. Heres the mods I want to do. Please chime in if you have any input on these parts.

Voodoo 4into1 exhuast

Intake filter (k&n or bike masters?)

Roaring toyz 5 hole lowering link

All Things Chrome triple tree in black with engraved symbol and busa symbol

ATC swing arm extension blocks kit in black

ATC chrome 2inch kickstand in black

ATC stiffer shock rear spring for lowered bikes

ATC pegmount lisence plate bracket in black.

I want to lower the bike 1.5 - 2inches and stetch it 4-6 inches. Is that to low? Is that everything I need to do so? Let me know what you guys think. I appreciate it guys.

While I have no first hand experience with aftermarket air filters, the general consensus has always been that OEM is the way to go for reliability and performance.

For lowering links, I would go with Soupy's adjustable units. They are a bit more coin than typical dog bones, but are going to be much stronger in the long run.

If you have your heart set on going with bolt on extensions instead of a complete extended swingarm, I would look at FTD Customs. Their extension blocks are of the highest quality and have the most material between the spring adjustment pockets and the shoulder of the tang (the more material in this area, the less likely they are to stress and crack). I have never used them, but a member of my club has them on his first gen 'busa and the quality is top notch, plus they offer a lifetime warranty on them.

Just my :2cents:, hopefully some of the information is useful to you.

Re: Just bought my Busa, now I need to mod it.

Their extension blocks are of the highest quality and have the most material between the spring adjustment pockets and the shoulder of the tang (the more material in this area, the less likely they are to stress and crack).

This should have been chain adjustment pockets, not spring.

Don't forget the most important mod......software!!

What is the most common tuner for busas? I haven't got a chance to look em up cause everyone posts about Power Commanders. I was told to look into flashtune. You just tell them what bike and mods you have and they email you customs maps for your app. They have many options like 250 rpm increase, cooling fan triggered to come on earlier, e85, racegas maps and so on. But I think Id rather have a person locally tune my bike. Maybe I should ask that person what to use.

I honestly dont know whats a good intake to use. I know anythin is better then stock. I think they use that chain in those kits.

Ill do some more research even though I already know brocks is the way to go. I just cant see spending that much on just an exhaust. I heard voodoo is the loudest there is for a streetbike and for the price of $600 I think its my best bet.

The OEM filter is very good. It will not hender your power increase with any pipe made. It flows that well. The OEM filter is there and unless you ride on dirt roads, etc. can last 20K miles. The OEM replacement in my ride has been there since 22K, I'm at 48K on it, but will be replacing it soon with a OEM I purchased from a member that did what you're about to do. There's also the thing that these filters must be properly maintained and oiled or you could actually restrict flow.

Food for thought brother.

What is the most common tuner for busas? I haven't got a chance to look em up cause everyone posts about Power Commanders. I was told to look into flashtune. You just tell them what bike and mods you have and they email you customs maps for your app. They have many options like 250 rpm increase, cooling fan triggered to come on earlier, e85, racegas maps and so on. But I think Id rather have a person locally tune my bike. Maybe I should ask that person what to use.

If you buy a Brocks pipe they have a base map that is very close for the dynojet PC, for less money typically you can find a good reputable tuner that knows how to unleash that ECU, and dyno tune your bike.......that IMHO is by far the best way to go, if the tuner requires a PC go that route, but make sure he is good.

Suzuki detuned these bikes so much it's ridiculous :poke:

Not trying to be a **** but why would you extend it if you're not even gonna try and make any more power with it?

The OEM filter is very good. It will not hender your power increase with any pipe made. It flows that well. The OEM filter is there and unless you ride on dirt roads, etc. can last 20K miles. The OEM replacement in my ride has been there since 22K, I'm at 48K on it, but will be replacing it soon with a OEM I purchased from a member that did what you're about to do. There's also the thing that these filters must be properly maintained and oiled or you could actually restrict flow.

Food for thought brother.
Hmmmm Thanks a lot for the input. Ill definitely take it into consideration.

If you buy a Brocks pipe they have a base map that is very close for the dynojet PC, for less money typically you can find a good reputable tuner that knows how to unleash that ECU, and dyno tune your bike.......that IMHO is by far the best way to go, if the tuner requires a PC go that route, but make sure he is good.

Suzuki detuned these bikes so much it's ridiculous :poke:

Im going to see what local or familiar tuners have to say about a tune then go from there.

Not trying to be a **** but why would you extend it if you're not even gonna try and make any more power with it?

All good. At first I don't want all this power but later on I plan on throwing on a turbo for more power. I honestly wanna do a 240 kit but its not in the budget right now. For $325 I can atleast stretch it so it don't come up on me while im wot and learning this bike.

Spend the money and go with Brock's. I went with the Alien Head. Best investment I made for my bike by far. The sound is amazing. IMO Voodoo sounds like Doodoo. If you're going to replace your filter go with BMC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back