Julian/Palomar ride, 11/20/04

NICE N EASY

Registered
Open invitation to all So Cal busa owners,

join me and a motley assortment of Metric sport riders leaving from LA/OC on Saturday am, 11/20/04 for a mellow paced, scenic ride to Julian for some apple pie and Palomar for some scenic roads. The final route has yet to be determined but it'll definitely be on 11/20/04. if you're interested, send me a PM.

Take care, Hope to see you there. Ride safe.

Rafael

2003 Silver Grey Busa, completely stock, set up for sport touring, Corbin seat, Helibars, laminar lip, throttlemeister cruise control, Progrip 719 gel grips, Fiamm electric horn, black frame sliders.  
smile.gif

Hey man, I might end up inthe Oakland SanFrancisco area here in awhile, I'm curious. How long of a ride is it from San Fran to LA Area?

Damn I have to work. Keep us updated, and remember to post pics!

Rev: about 8 hours.

Too early to tell, but I'll be thinking about it. Question...define mellow??? I'll stay at the speed limit or lower on straights, but I do like to speed it up for the twisties. I just don't want to piss off anyone in your group.

Charlesbusa,

The ride leader is a bit of a hot dogger, so I don't think that'll be a problem. But, just to be safe play it by ear and feel out the group. The last few rides, people have been pushing it so I think they just want to tamper down the speed a bit. I personally want to ride at a comfortable pace for me throughout the whole ride and if that means riding sweep, I don't have a problem with that. I mean really with a handle like, Nice N Easy what do you expect? (lol). Seriously, I'm still getting used to the bike and precise throttle control is imperative especially in the canyons and it's really tempting to open her up on the straightaways. Anyway, hope to see you there.

Take care,

Rafael

I mean really with a handle like, Nice N Easy what do you expect? (lol).
laugh.gif

Its smart that you're taking your time, something like 85% of all single vehicle motorcycle accidents occur in the first 6 months of a new bike.

Too early to tell wether I can make the ride, hopefully I can.

Well Gents,
finally went on the Julian/Palomar ride. The day was overcast and cool, 52 degrees in Julian. Total of 13 riders, minor mishap one gent that I invited was day dreaming and locked up his rear on a curve and highsided but he was okay, minor cosmetic damage. I don't think he'll do that again. THe roads were curvaceous and for the most part very clean. Had the pleasure of meeting fellow board members Charlesbusa of Lakewood and Busahaya, aka Nelson Grande and company from LA. Put over 300 miles on the bike. Nelson took a bunch of pics which he'll the post. The wine's starting to kick in, so I'll sign off here. Ride safe.
Rafael

Back