Its All About The Base (color That Is)

HoboJoe

Registered
I'm sure its been beaten to death but there must be some sort of consensuses as to who makes the best aftermarket fairings. Notice I asked, Best not Cheapest. Would rather not mortgage The Ranch but don't want junk either. Fit and finish are always a priority. If they don't match the pedigree of the machine I haven't gained anything. Got my eye on a 01' stocker but not of a color I'm fond of. Additionally, did I read somewhere that .ORG members receive some sort of discount from one of the manufacturers? As always Thanks for the input.

Quality wise there is no substitute for OEM, end of story. That being said, for the price of a new set of Suzuki OEM bodywork you could likely find a NICE(!) Hayabusa in the color you like! I bought a set from Extreme last year and overall for the price I was quite happy!

P1030553.JPG

Was just looking at their site. Funny thing though, I didn't see a tank cover offered. Did you have that one painted yourself or did I miss something? Am also thinking about having original bodywork painted but have to weigh my options as cost is always a consideration for me. Also giving some thought to a Wrap but got a price today of between $1200.00 and $1400.00 for that. Quite a bit of Dough for a Man of my means. I'll take all the advise offered. By the way......That's a Bitchin lookin Ride. And the color is???

The tank cover was an option, was like $75 extra. They don't have an actual name for this color that I am aware. At the time they had like 3 different oranges available that looked pretty much the same. Their numbers have changed now apparently as none of my links work now. The color is much more orange than my stock Burning Copper.

Went back to the site and yes, they do offer a tank cover. For an extra cost of course. Kind of frosts me since in the discription it's the "Complete Kit" but further on it informs you of its availability as an option. Wouldn't stop me from a purchase but don't appreciate that kind of visual slight of hand. By the way did you opt for the Pearl/Metallic finish? I'm partial to the Burgundy but that color you chose seems to jump right out at you. Very impressive.

I have the original plastics on mine but all I've heard about after market plastics has been negative. The material itself is too brittle and several of the attachment points don't line up properly.

Nothing compares to OEM. Yes it is a little higher cost but we'll wOrth it

Seems to me painting or keep looking till you find the right color is the best options. (or keep looking at it till it grows on you) :redface:

There is a guy here that sprays his every few months a different color plastic dip for just a couple hundred bucks, his looks great and you can't get sick of it :lol:

That's a good line Bailey, but seriously where exactly does here mean? On the Board or where you are located? Thanks

Back