Itching For More Power..

Gunther Bump

Registered
Hi everyone! I've been around for a few years lurking the forums and what not.

So I've had my '09 busa for almost 2 years now and I'm starting to miss that pucker feeling I once had with cracking the throttle open on a nice stretch of road. I was looking into options on how to fix this and just ordered the log box to get me started with unlocking the ecu, I know it won't be the end of the road though. I've ran it through my financial advisor/boss (wife) and she's hesitantly agreed to possibly boosting the bike :D

So my question is who wants to help me lay out a parts list to make my bike have the feeling again? I don't want anything like 450+hp or something crazy (just yet), I'm just trying to get a stage 1ish build that'll hold up for many miles and be upgradable in the future.

Thanks in advance!

Side note. Anyone remotely near Fort Walton Beach, FL to tune? I'm not sure of any trustworthy people in the area. I've asked around locally but no answers.

A few great shops that can take care of you. Plan on $6,500 for a Stage-1 setup that will hold 240whp for many years if you want more than that plan on $10-20k+ the sky is the limit depending how wild you want it!

That $6,500 is just bolt ons correct, no internals? There's so many questions and when I look around it seems like there's 100 ways to skin a cat with this.

I was expecting maybe stage 1 with rods and pistons to have the ease of mind and the ability to upgrade later.

Would this be the smart thing to do or just go stage one and pay with that for a bit?

$6500 is our sale price for a stage 1, installed and tuned. Anywhere else it will be more.

But to answer your question, it's a bolt on kit, no internal work. With a proper tune a bone stock motor will handle 220-230hp on 4psi. Really it's a lot of fun. But you'll always want more later.

Back